27

^^Mum

Zena's POV

I opened my eyes, only to squeeze them shut. I heard soft chuckles, so I peeked upwards. Mum smiled down at me, making me realize that I was lying in her lap. I slowly sat up, resulting in her ceasing massaging my scalp. I tried to move, but winced a little. I then tugged my shirt up a little to see a massive bandage. I eyed mum to tell me what the hell happened.

"So you passed out because you had a piece of silver embedded in your side. The nurses managed to remove it." She caressed my shoulder.

"Oh, I have to tell them thanks." I blinked a few times. "Where are we?"

"At their pack house." Mum lounged on her forearms. "I promised to resume speaking about the informant after you woke."

"How long did it take you?"

"I allowed you an hour and then went after you. Couldn't find you because your scent got muddled with the different wolf scents." She then smugly smirked. "So when in doubt... use find my iPhone." She held up my missing phone. I smiled and gratefully took it back. "It got me to a starting point and then Matt and I were able to use our skills of finding people. He immediately assumed you were perceived as a threat by this pack, so we came here. And voila! You were bound and looked like you shit."

"Ya." I awkwardly chuckled. "They didn't rough house me though."

"Good." She kissed my head. "I'm going to meet with the alpha to discuss the informant and then we can be on our way. We'll be sharing this room, so make yourself comfortable." She smiled before leaving me alone.

I stretched and released an overdue yawn. I made my way to the bathroom and like I assumed... it was fully stocked. I got some toothpaste and began brushing my teeth. After making myself presentable, I walked around the cabin. I found the stairs and travelled down to see a few people turn at my presence. I gulped since I was never one for being on display. I gave them a sheepish smile and lowered my head as I passed. I hurried my steps when I noticed them bowing.

There were too many bowing people in the house, so I went outside. I attempted to avoid people and wandered to a treehouse. I looked around for a ladder before realizing that I'd have to jump up. And just like that... I was in one of their fancy treehouses. These things are cool. I flopped onto a beanbag and took out my phone. I found a few messages from Yeira, but it was Acacia who really blew up my phone. I chuckled and went to reply, but heard the clearing of a throat. I lowered my phone to see the same ginger from before along with the dark haired intimidating baddie.

"Hi." I gulped.

"Hey, I'm Willow." The ginger waved at me. "And that's Nylex."

"No way that's your real name." I chuckled and noticed the ginger snicker while the other one narrowed her eyes. "Sorry."

"Told ya." The ginger smirked at Nylex.

"Sorry for your initial treatment." Nylex stuffed her hands in her bomber jacket. "Thought you were a spy from our rival pack." She stared out the window. "Tensions have risen as of late." She spared me a glance.

"No worries. Wasn't paying attention and deserved that. Won't make that mistake again." I chuckled. "We're only in Oregon because my mom and her ex... technically, he's her ex in multiple ways." I shuddered at the thought. "Anyways, they're trying to catch this informant guy. Something to do with working with vampires but he's also working with the wolves or-"

"Scum." Nylex scoffed.

"We actually know what you're talking about." Willow glanced between Nylex and I. "What was his name again?"