14

^^Angel Hailey

Ken's POV

I was minding my own business when Roman approached me. He had a proud smile on his face while clutching different weapons in his hands.

"I thought we could try them out." He grinned.

"Uh..."

"It's been so long since I've been able to spar with someone. I'm enjoying this so much."

"About that... I'm gonna have to call in sick today."

"Huh? Why?" I felt bad since he seemed so disappointed.

"Just not feeling great... in my stomach."

"Ken, I really think you should see Yugi."

"Yugi has so much on his plate. I'll go to... Lily." I winced at the stupid suggestion.

"Lily?" He was confused.

"Ya, she's got tons of potions, right? I'll just take a shot of the good stuff and be fine." That was such a lie since I'd still be pregnant!

"Okay, let me escort you."

I couldn't do anything, but agree. Also, I wanted to appease him after putting him through such mental confusion. Roman walked by my side as we traveled through town. He pushed aside the bead curtain for me. Lily noticed me and broke out into a grin.

"Hey, Ken!" She tightly embraced me. "And it's been too long, Rome." She hugged him just as tight.

"I propose we schedule a time to relax. I must rendezvous with Yugi about Hailey's recovery." His grim look caused Lily's mood to deflate. "I shall see you both." He nodded at us before leaving.

"So besides that dark cloud..." I chuckled at her words. "What brings you across town? It's been a while since you've crossed into these lands."

"I prefer dragging you outside of your place of work." I winked, earning a chuckle from her. "And real reason for why I'm here..." I gave her an awkward look before sitting on a table. "I've told people that I've been having discomfort and feeling off, so I came for potions."

"Oh, ya." She moved to the cabinets. "I've got everything for-"

"I'm pregnant." My statement halted her movements.

She slowly turned around with wide eyes. I watched her lips tilt up into a wide smile. I hung my head as she skipped forward and gripped me tight.

"That's incredible news. Congrats!" She kissed my cheeks.

Lily stepped back and continued smiling, but I detected confusion from her. I could feel that she had questions, but didn't know if she could ask.

"You can ask."

"How?" Her smile fell from her face. "Because-"

"No, I didn't cheat on Nyx." I quickly clarified.

"Then, how are you pregnant?"

"That's what I'm trying to figure out. I know it sounds incriminating and makes no sense, but I haven't had sex with anyone but her. And I have no idea, but I'm pregnant."

"You're pregnant?" We turned to see Hailey entering. She hugged herself while approaching us. "How? What about Nyx? Does she know?"

"Fuck, now everyone knows but her." I rolled my eyes. "And no, she doesn't. And no, I didn't cheat. And no, I don't know how!"

"How far along?" Lily questioned.

"Yugi needs to be made aware. You should be monitored." Hailey quickly spoke. "How this baby came about is not important, but your health is."