19

^^Lara

Zena's POV

A wide smile was on my face as I saw the crust perfectly brown. The pizza smelled delicious and the melted cheese made me wanna die from euphoria. I nearly swooned at the most beautiful thing I've ever laid my eyes on... don't tell Acacia. She was on the phone with a friend while I was on cooking duty. Yum! Yum!

I was about to remove the pizza, but couldn't find the wooden piece. I looked around until it was thrust in my field of vision. I jumped and turned to see Maman. My smile widened as she chuckled and held her arms open. I immediately jumped on her and wrapped my arms around her.

"Missed you too, little one." Maman chuckled.

"You're back!"

"Yes, we got back a few hours ago." She kissed my head. "How are you?"

"Doing really well! Aqua and I went to therapy, which has been amazing. We managed to talk through a lot of things. We had problems that we didn't even know we had. Not like it was bad or anything, but it forced us to talk more."

"Don't you two talk a lot though?" She snickered.

"Ya, but there's still stuff we didn't tell the other. I don't know." I shrugged. "I think the main thing we need to speak about... not like it's a deal breaker or anything, but what are our plans after graduation. What do we want to do."

"I wish for this not to happen in the near future, but what about a family? Is that something you both see in your future?"

"Umm... that was one of the things we were forced to discuss. The answer is yes, but not now. And I don't know when. She's... older-"

"I'm not old!" Acacia stormed towards me. "Hey, Lara." She hugged Maman before fixing a glare on me.

"If it isn't the lovely Cia." Maman smirked.

"I'm doing great in case you were wondering." She wrapped her hands around mine.

"Still as in love?" Maman wiggled her brows.

"Haven't even touched the top of the iceberg." Acacia teased back.

"You people are so weir- MY PIZZA IS BURNED!" I shoved Acacia off, causing her to fall, and raced to the oven. "No! No! No!" I nearly cried as I removed the charred pizza. "My love." I wept.

"Sure you're still the love of her life?" Maman teased an irritated Acacia.

"Seems as if there was never any competition." Mum entered and kissed my head. "I missed you, Tesoro." She wrapped her arms around me, but I was still weeping over my pizza.

"We thought your mission would've concluded a long time ago. It just seemed to be extended everytime we got an update." Acacia sat on the stool.

"Ya, it kept being prolonged due to our lack of information. We concluded it early because it was a waste of time and we missed the girls." Mum kissed my cheek as I attempted to wiggle out her arms.

"No updates?" Acacia questioned.

"None. Well, nothing of substance." Maman answered.

"So how has everything been?" Mum smiled. "You and Cia seem perfectly happy."

"We went to therapy and it was like the best decision we ever made." Acacia smiled at me.

"When's the wedding?"Maman snorted.

"Nothing big." I wiggled out maman's arms and wagged my hand in maman's face. "Comprendre?"

"Non." Maman smirked.