50

^^Radna

Third Person POV

Kiki folded her arms as she observed the concoction below her. Zena had spelled the cauldron, but nothing they needed was revealed. The cauldron was still pitch black, meaning Woda was in hiding. Zena stepped out an hour ago to hang with Hailey or something. Rowan pecked at the window glass. Kiki looked up to find her pet asking to enter. She went to open the window, but stopped. Rowan than flapped away before a blade was thrusted at his previous spot.

Kiki darkly chuckled and turned to find her brother. Radna smirked and moved past her to retrieve his blade.

"Rowan hates those games." She commented.

"It's because he refused to allow me to see you without alerting you first." He shrugged.

"Why are you here?"

"Found stuff that may be helpful for you." He revealed a massive text. "Care to inquire?"

"Thought your role was to aid in the search for Blake."

"Got bored." He opened the book. "Know about our lifespans?" He flipped through the pages.

"Not really interested." Kiki glanced at the book. "Why?"

"I was tasked with finding Blake and part of the search comes with his mortality."

"You're saying he's dead." Kiki leveled her voice.

"No, he's alive." Kiki nodded at him. "But, this tells us how we can tell if a person is dead or not." He opened to a page.

"Flame of life?" Kiki raised a brow. "I need more than that."

"Basically, it's a flame lit candle. It burns until we die. When the flame is shushed out, the individual is dead."

"So this flame thing for Blake is still lit. That's what you came to tell me?"

"No." Radna shook his head. "This was the start of my internal investigation."

"Alright..."

"The flame of life extends to supernaturals as well. Granted, our candles never shushes out unless we're killed."

"I'll be honest and say that I really don't care." Kiki admitted and walked off.

"This is Baalam's." Radna revealed a lit candle, halting Kiki. "He's alive, Kikimora."

"Where'd you get that? And sure it wasn't switched?"

"In the crypts." Radna answered. "It's where the soul reapers reside to know who to drag to hell. I went there to see if Blake was still alive, found he was, so my curiosity got the best of me and I checked Baalam's. His is still burning bright."

"They said he was dead." Kiki approached him. "Why would the angels lie? I made my anger known towards them."

"I don't think they did. He may have died and then revived. I asked the Great Watcher and he stated that Baalam's flame extinguished momentarily, only to light once more. So he did die, but..."

"Someone revived him." Kiki concluded. "Who?"

"That's why I'm coming to you. Our brother has been taken."

"Wouldn't be the first time." Kiki commented.

"What's your plan?"

"My plan?"

"Yes, to retrieve him."

"I don't have one and will not have one for a very long time." She stated.

"What?!"