13

^^Nat

Yeira's POV

My feet were kicked up the wall while my back was on the ground. I lifted the beer up and drank it while eying the problems before me. My brows furrowed together as I thought about possible solutions. A lightbulb went off, resulting in me lowering the beer to write on the paper. I sensed my friend, so I looked to the right.

"Heya, Lex."

"What are you doing?" She giggled and bent over, so she could be in my face.

"Drunk math."

"Drunk math?"

"Ya. I do math while drunk. It's a lot of fun." I beamed.

"You're a weirdo and shouldn't be drinking so much." She snatched the beer out my hand and chugged it herself.

"I'm really starting to hate Hailey after she gave you a set of rules." I muttered.

"Haha!" She laughed at me. "So I came because I have something to tell you."

"Zena fell off a cliff?" I held my hands in prayer.

"No, silly!" She pushed my shoulder, causing me to fall onto my side. "I got an update on your parents. They need a few more weeks before they can return."

"Great. Have to wait a month. Yippie." I rolled my eyes. "I've been here for over a week."

"And you're gonna stay here even after they return. Enjoy Croatia!"

"It's the school part that annoys me." I grumbled.

"Cheer up!" Lexi placed her hands on her hips. "Actually, I brought you something." She fished around in her bag before producing a KitKat.

"What's this?" I took the item.

"Candy!"

"Candy?"

"Ya, you eat it."

"But, I don't eat."

"Well, you're gonna try it. Plus, it'll be easier to go on dates with Hana if you eat human food." Lexi proposed.

"Hmm... okay. I'll give it a try." I smiled and noticed her turn around. "Where you goin?"

"I have a date with this cute merman."

"You just wanna see him shirtless." I laughed when she rapidly nodded. "Ight! Have fun!" Lexi ruffled my hair before speeding away.

I chuckled and crawled to my sudoku book. If she took away my math, then I shall do something a little less strenuous. I took a bite out of the KitKat while working. I scrunched up my face because it tasted incredibly cheap and manufactured. Oh, well. I placed the KitKat down and turned to the next page.

All of a sudden, I sensed the best person in the entire world. I rolled onto my side as Hana opened the door.

"Hey, Yei." She sat next to me and kissed my cheek. "What are you doing?"

"Sudoku since I can't do math."

"It's numbers. Isn't it the same thing?"

"Not really. Just finding a pattern and-"

"So is math." She cut me off.

"Hmm... I guess so." I shrugged and continued working on it.

"Sometimes I forget how much of a math lover you are." She pulled on her long sleeves. "I was walking and- Yei, did you do this?" She held up my half eaten KitKat, so I nodded. "You turned the KitKat on the side and took a massive bite out the middle?" I nodded again, causing her to eye me in confusion. "You're supposed to break the pieces off and eat them one at a time. Not bite into the entire thing."