29

^^Florian

Zena's POV

The three of us followed Maman to a mansion. She knocked on the door and stepped back. We waited a few moments until the door opened. The four of us were greeted by a maid. My family was a little surprised that the maid was human.

"Mind fetching the master of the house?" Maman smiled, stunning the maid.

"S-Sure."

"I'm sure Elise will be more than happy to invite us inside."

"You mean Tobias?" The maid questioned.

"To piss him off, let's claim Elise is the master. She does wear the pants in that relationship." Maman joked, causing the maid to snicker. "Mind getting either of them?"

"Actually, the masters of the house are not currently here." Maman arched a brow at the reply. "They have left for the vampire realm, leaving their children here."

"Okay, who is currently here?" Maman subtly sniffed the air. "Florian." She concluded.

"Ye-"

"I shall speak with him myself." Maman gave her a tight lipped smile and brushed past her.

We followed after her, prompting the maid to chase us. Maman used her senses to guide us upstairs. We entered a game room to find Florian drinking with friends while playing pool. The moment Maman entered all conversation ceased. Florian gulped as Maman smirked. She waltzed inside and picked up a stick. Maman lined the stick with the white ball and aimed it appropriately. She then hit the ball, causing it to fly off the table and break the glass in Florian's hand.

"I need to speak with you." Maman intimidatingly smiled and held her hands behind her back. "Alone." That simple word caused all the vampires, except Florian, to whizz out the house.

"That's cool." Yeira grinned, so I elbowed her.

"I came for your parents." Maman stated.

"They aren't here." Florian gulped.

"I'm aware. Not thrilled, but can't do anything about it." She softly spoke and grabbed a bottle of wine. "Therefore, I'm left with you." She eyed him up and down.

"Is something wro-"

"Aren't you supposed to be playing diplomat? Not playing host to a pool tournament?" Maman's eyes narrowed.

"Larz, that's a little hypocritical coming from you." Mum snorted, causing maman's intimidating aura to deflate. Yeira and I laughed while Maman blushed. "Hey, Florian."

"Hi?" He awkwardly waved. "I don't know you."

"Amelia Ricci." Florian's eyes widened in understanding. "We need your help. My daughter is being chased by some people, so we want her to lie low while we fix the issue. Can she stay here?"

"Of course!" Florian smiled. "Mi casa, su casa!"

"I'm French." Yeira stated.

"And I'm Italian." I replied.

"They get the idea." Mum placed her arms around Yeira and I. "Thank you."

"No worries! I'd be happy to house them." Florian grinned. "How long do you think you'll be gone?"

"No longer than a week. We plan to eradicate this issue immediately." Maman simply stated.

"Okie dokie artichokey!" Florian saluted.

"Huh?" The three of us tilted our heads while mum laughed.

"It's an American expression." She enlightened us.