54

Ken's POV

I squeezed my hands against my ears because I couldn't take it anymore. Nyx and I were arguing about this damn baby and I'm sure the entire house could hear. Nyx didn't know when to give something a rest. She kept repeating the same damn point.

"Oh, enough already!" I shouted at her.

"Enough?! Really?!" Nyx punched the air. "You're pregnant and didn't tell me!"

"Now you know. Happy?" I sarcastically asked.

"Kennedy, I am fucking pissed off."

"That's sooooo surprising." I rolled my eyes. "I didn't tell you because I knew you'd act this way."

"Act this way? You've been carrying around a child for months and left me out of the loop. You told so many other people! And I wasn't one of them!"

"You still barely even believe that the child is yours." I grumbled. "Apart of you believes I cheated on you."

"You wouldn't think the same in my position? I'm still struggling to wrap my head around how you got pregnant by me."

"I'll clue you in." I stepped to her. "Your tail in my vagina, you came and released semen into my vagina. Guess what? That makes a baby!"

"Now isn't the time to be cute, Kennedy." She glared.

"You are giving me a migraine!" I jumped up.

"For once, can you understand my feelings about this?"

"For once?!" I screamed. "That's all I've been doing! I've been neglecting my happiness for you. I've snuck around and haven't told most people out of fear of your reaction. Everyone kept pushing me to tell you, but this is the outcome I was trying to avoid."

"Ken, you know I didn't want kids. We had this discussion."

"I didn't know before we started dating." I defended myself.

"Afterwards, we talked about it and you were fine."

"I wasn't fine! I pretended to be! I kept bringing it up. I brought up kids and marriage and-"

"Ugh!" Nyx flung her head back and groaned.

"You know what?" I stomped. "I don't even want to marry you anymore. I don't want to be tied down to someone who doesn't want that with me. I'm not going to force you into something you stubbornly refuse to do. That's not me. I'm not going to pressure you anymore."

"What about the kid situation?"

"You are so fucking selfish." I sneered. "I just said all of that and your immediate reaction is to ask me to abort the kid?"

"I didn't say abort."

"You implied it, you piece of shit." I squeezed my fists.

"You could put it up for adoption. We know a few adoptees."

"How about this?" I approached her. "I'm gonna keep the kid. And you don't have to be involved in their lives at all. How does that sound?"

"Sounds like you're being passive aggressive." She snorted.

"You don't want this kid! Why would I want you to help me raise them?"

"I don't really have an option, do I? If I don't help you, people will view me negatively. I don't have a choice, but to be involved."

"I can't believe you're doing this for public sentiment and not because you want to." I shook my head in disappointment.

"What did you think was going to happen?"