26

^^Vanya

Yeira's POV

The lot of us were quietly sitting around the sun room. It was quite ironic since the snowstorm blocked any chance of light. Everyone was doing their  own thing when heels clapped against the floorboards. It didn't take long until the doors were thrown open. Yevfrosinya's nostrils were flared as she entered. Her eyes darted around the room until settling on me. I smile smirked and closed the book in my lap.

"My son was mutilated."

"Oh."

"He was found suspended in the air with silver chains. The veins along his arms were severed and every artery was punctured." She sneered.

"Oh my." I gasped. "That's bloody."

"Yes, his severed arms were bloodied." Her shoulders rapidly rose and fell.

"Severed?" I crossed my arms. "By golly! What do you mean?"

I noticed Maman send Vanya and amused look. Vanya bit back a smile and continued demonstrating proper calligraphy to Iris, but Iris was more engaged in this conversation.

"All his limbs were sawed off!" Yevfrosinya's eyes darkened. "He was held up by a silver hook dug into his chest!"

"Wow. Any idea on the assailant?"

"Apart from the letters WF branded into his chest?!"

"I'd more say carved, but..." I smirked at her fangs elongating. "Please, don't tell me there was more."

"His teeth were pulled from his mouth, nails extracted, eyes gouged out-"

"Gee Willy." I held my hand up to stop her. "That was barbaric." I picked up the cup of tea, crossed my legs, and sat upright. "Tell me more." I was fascinated.

Vanya mouthed what the fuck to maman, who shrugged and continued sketching in her notebook. Iris gulped and tugged Vanya's sleeve. Vanya narrowed her eyes at me while Stefan sipped his tea and ignored everyone.

"His appendage was torn off and then chopped so finely." Yevfrosinya was shaking in anger. "And fine silver was embedded in his blood stream, so over half his body has silver in it!"

"I wouldn't be surprised if he tried pushing himself on other women." I sent Iris a wink.

"The words All Lives Are Equal spelled in his blood!"

"I'd say you have a pretty woke vampire." I quipped.

"His fingers sawed off and fed to wolves!"

"What do you call a fingerless vampire?" I joked.

"Yeira." Maman's vocie held humor as she warned me.

"Damyan!" Yevfrosinya stepped to me, but her husband called her back.

"Yevfrosinya." He lowly spoke.

"I'm going to make sure he heals properly." She sneered before flitting away.

"Are we going to ignore the fact that your child has mutilated my son?" Stefan addressed Maman.

"The assailant was White fang." Maman shaded her picture. "It didn't say YS, so that's not Yeira."

"You're going to sit there and tell me they're not the same." He snapped.

"Are you accusing my daughter of attempted murder?" Maman gasped in offense.

"It was torture, not attempted murder. Murder would be too quick. He's wallowing in a ton of slow induced pain." I corrected.

"What she said." Maman stared at him. "That's not what you're doing, is it?" Stefan snorted at Maman.