61

^^Misuke

Yeira's POV

Zena was seated crisscross on the floor as Acacia braided her hair. Hana sat next to me on the couch and kicked her feet onto my lap. She smirked as I eyed her loose shoestrings. I giggled and tied her shoes. I then leaned over and gave her a quick kiss.

"Ready?" Maman appeared with mum.

"More than ever!" Lexi jumped on Hailey. "I can't wait to kill the bitch who organized the war that killed my parents!"

"I'll release you on her first." Maman gave her a wink.

"Finally putting an end to this monstrosity." Mum breathed out. "Open the portal to the vampire realm."

"Gotcha." Zena stood.

Zena went to perform the spell when a group stormed the room. We instinctively placed our mates behind us, but eyed them in confusion when we recognized them. Hana pushed my arm down and ran to embrace her sister. Deji hugged her back just as tight.

"What are you doing here?!" Hana laughed and hugged Jin, making me lowly growl. Zena and Acacia shared amused looks.

"Super bad. Like suuuuuuuoer bad." Deji captured her attention.

"What do you mean?"

"Inari." That got Hana's attention. "She's going to sacrifice herslef." Jin gave her a sad look.

"Why?!"

"We don't know. Ichigo didn't say, but he seems to know something." Deji stated.

I tuned out the hectic speaking before me. My eyes found Hiro to be more of an interesting subject. He lowered his head and appeared to be psyching himself up. I noticed a rose hiding behind his back as he lowly cleared his throat. I then watched him attempt to be subtle in his shifting towards Lexi. Lexi watched him in amusement as Hailey elbowed her in excitement.

"Hi." He blushed and stared at the ground.

"Are you speaking to the ground because they don't normally respond." Hailey cheekily spoke.

"Hails!" Lexi playfully whined. "Hi, Hiro."

"I... um..."

"Why'd you come, Hiro? I didn't know you were a soldier." Hailey snickered.

"I'm..." He deeply blushed. "I'm not. I'm just a groundskeeper at the imperial palace."

"So why are you here?" Maman joined in on the teasing.

"We came to get Hana and..." He bit his lip and scratched his neck while staring at Lexi.

"And?" Maman and Hailey pushed.

"I just... there was..."

"Who's the flower for?" Maman smirked.

"This thing?" He nervously chuckled. "How'd this get in my hand?"

"Would you like the trash?" Hailey giggled.

"No!" Hiro's eyes widened. "It's the best flower that grew. It's deemed the prettiest, so I wanted to give it to-" He stopped himself and blushed even more. "Give... give... huh, I forgot all my English now." He gulped.

"Sure you did." Hailey swung an arm around Lexi.

"Here." He thrusted it into Lexi's hands.

"It looks beautiful." She grinned. "Thanks!" She kissed his cheek and I didn't know his face could get any redder.

"For someone whose tongue was permanently down Lexi's throat, you sure are shy." I sassed.

"Stawp!" Lexi whined.