42

Zena's POV

Bridey and I were cleaning the space before us. I'm not sure how I was drafted into this adventure. As far as I remember, I was hanging with Ellio and Vera when she told me to follow her. And here I am, cleaning.

"Hey, Bridey."

"Yes." She packed artifacts into boxes.

"Who's your ex husband?" She stopped moving. "Sorry, you don't-"

"He's a blacksmith." She went back to packing.

"Really?" She hummed a reply to me. "How'd that go? Was he accepted?"

"Not at all. We wedded in secret."

"Was he your mate?" She glanced my way. "I'm just curious because you're divorced."

"We divorced because he met his mate."

"Oh." I muttered. "But, you said you were seeing him."

"I didn't deny that." She wrapped bubble wrap around a statue.

"Is his mate dead?"

"Nope."

"He still married to her?"

"Yes, he is." She taped up a box.

"Oh."

"Is there another question you wish to ask?" She gave me an amused look.

"Nope! You basically answered everything." I turned around.

"If you are wondering, they have an open relationship." Bridey's voice held humor. "And I get horny sometimes." She shrugged.

"Do you want an exclusive relationship?"

"Not with him. We had fun, but... life happened."

"You're hurt over him leaving you." Bridey stopped and released a sigh.

"I understood why he ended it. He met his mate. I couldn't deny him that. I'm not that selfish."

"I'm sorry."

"No need to be. Dicks come and go. I love newer ones anyway." I gagged when she shrugged. "I need you to continue packing. I have a meeting I unfortunately have to attend. Josie should be doing it, but she snuck off to see her husband. She thinks she's sneaky, but I know. Just don't tell France because she'll make it a bigger deal." She left.

I was alone and continued sorting the objects. I texted Acacia, but she was busy. I groaned and continued organizing the room. When I was moving a box, it collapsed and spilt the contents. I groaned and picked the objects up. A metallic cube caught my eye. I twisted my lip and picked it up. I realized it had movable pieces.

I turned the corner and noticed another piece loosened. I twisted that piece as well, allowing another piece to loosen. As I moved another piece, a bird flew past me just as a small blade popped up. The bird flew so close that it got cut. I jumped and held the box closer. The bird flew out the window, so hopefully it'll be okay.

My phone dinged and, as expected, it was Acacia. I smiled and left the room to find her. I looked at the cube and noticed a little blood on the blade from where the bird had been sliced. I went to my room and tossed the box down before meeting up with her.

Acacia and I had a fun date, but couldn't stay out late since she had to be up early tomorrow. That resulted in me waking up alone. I did my routine and my eyes fell on the puzzle box from yesterday. I arched a brow since it contorted into a different shape. I grabbed it and made my way to class. I sat on my chair and began twisting and turning it.