22

^^Mum

Zena's POV

The day after the rager- I mean my birthday party- was crazy. The entire venue was trashed (as expected), everyone was passed out drunk (not surprising), among other things. Lexi found Nat and Yeira passed out on a chandelier. A fucking chandelier! My aunts basically kicked my maman's ass for funding an under drinking escapade... so many kids had alcohol poisoning.

My bed was occupied with Acacia, Cara, Vera, Inara, and a few others. How they got in here is besides me? All I know was that I came home to an empty bed and fell asleep. And now, Inara's foot is in my face. I untangled myself from the human mound. I pushed off the covers and did my morning routine. No doubt these people would be severely hungover.

I was surprised to find Hana in the kitchen. She was concocting some kind of mixture when I entered.

"Good morning." I smiled.

"Good morning." She smiled back.

"What are you making?" I peered at the liquid.

"Hangover cure." She offered me some.

"That's really good." I gave her a satisfied hum. "I was about to make breakfast for everyone."

"I'm surprised you're not hungover. Did you not drink?" She questioned.

"Seems you didn't as well." I replied back.

"Hard to when your girlfriend is shitface." She scrunched up her nose. "Wanted to keep an eye on her in case... never mind."

"In case she made out with random people?" I arched a brow, but she remained silent. "Listen, Yeira is a lot of things, but... she's not going to deliberately do anything to hurt you."

"That's what hurts more." She placed the empty cup down. "She unknowingly hurts me." She walked out the kitchen.

"Hana, wait." I chased after her. "I'm sorry. That was inconsiderate of me to say. What I'm trying to say is that Yeira isn't going out to cheat on you. If for some reason some indiscretion happens, I doubt she freely did it."

"You thought the same with Acacia." She commented.

"Okay, I think something's going on with you and my sister. What's up? Because you're not usually this confrontational." Hana sighed at my words.

"Sorry, Zena. Just going through stuff." She averted her eyes.

"Like what? Forgive me if I'm overstepping, but I know about the eating thing." She uncomfortably shifted. "And no, it's not because of Acacia-"

"I know Yeira told you." She cut me off. "It's obvious because she's not sure how to approach certain social situations."

"Anyways, what else is troubling you?"

"The same insecurities." She mumbled and stared at the ground.

"Wealth disparity?" She nodded.

"And the girls." Hana mumbled. "She's a chick magnet." Hana sighed. "The hardest thing is that she's unaware how often they flirt with her."

"Oh... I don't know what to say. Like you said, she's socially inept." She snorted at my comment. "How do you feel about how we're progressing with Tamamo?"

"Not as fired up as you." Hana softly chuckled. "Yeira has explained to me the reasoning before, so it wasn't surprising or hurtful."

"I just wish there was a way to better protect you than just keeping you captive here."

"Not the worst place to be." Hana laughed. "It's quite beautiful in Croatia."

"I meant behind the school walls." I smirked.