25

^^Iris

Yeira's POV

My hands were stuffed inside my pockets as I sauntered around the manor. Passing staffers and guards would lower their heads whenever in my vicinity. I'd give them a polite head nod and continue down the halls. I remembered I was in the Romanov's manor, so I wanted to check out their famous library. It wasn't hard ti find since I followed the stench of old books.

I entered the room and did a double take. Wow, this place is massive. Like 3 floors inside a massive room type massive. I didn't even know where to begin. All I knew was that Zena and Hana would love this place since they love to read. I slowly passed through the rows until I spotted Iris huddled in a corner. She must really be enjoying that book to cuddle a pillow on the floor.

"Iris, is it?" My question startled her.

"Y-Ya." She quickly stood.

"Yeira."

"Yes, I remember." She quickly spoke.

"Enjoying the book?" I motioned to the novel she clutched in her hand.

"Yes." She quickly nodded. "Don't worry. I'll be getting out your way." She went to leave, so I blocked her way.

"Something the matter?" I smirked.

"It's just that Vanya told me not to talk with you." Iris looked down.

"Vanya is hiding away her precious treasure." I chuckled. "She fears I'll hurt you." Iris gulped. "But, I can promise you that I wish you no harm." I shook my head. "I'm a guest and you should be entertaining me. Let's sit over there." I placed my hand on her back and guided her to the tables.

Iris stiffly sat and faced me. Yep, she wouldn't be relaxing anytime soon. It didn't bother me since u expected this reaction.

"Do you know who White Fang is?" She shook her head. "Good." I grinned.

"Who's white fang?"

"Me in a past life." I winked. "So Vanya mentioned that you're a newly turned vampire." She nodded at me. "How's that going?"

"A little difficult. The speed thing is taking some getting used to. I'll accidentally speed off and crash into a vase worth millions!" I laughed at her. "And then using my senses is pretty tricky."

"I figured since you didn't pick up my scent in the library." She blushed at my words. "No need to be embarrassed. Those skills take practice to build into mastery. They're not difficult once you get the hang of them. How's the strength?"

"I think I've almost crushed Vanya a few times." She giggled. "She'd have to tap out and breathlessly tell me it's too tight." I snickered with her.

"And the blood?" I pushed and that's when her mood darkened. "Don't be ashamed. My sister has the same opinion."

"Really?" Iris' eyes widened. "What's she like?"

"Similar to you." I smiled. "That's why I like you." I winked. "You remind me of her. She's very caring and loving. Total opposite of me. And she values human lives and considers herself a monster because of the call to blood. I wish she didn't view herself so negatively. Because of that, she avoids human blood at all cost. She's blessed where she doesn't need to solely rely on blood, but... she hates it."

"It's just disgusting. So disgusting. But when I taste it, I can't get enough. My throat begins to itch and burn just by thinking about it." Iris squeezed her hands. "I wish there was another way."

"Animal blood, but you're not at a suitable strength where that'll do you good. You need to consume human blood. Vanya mentioned blood bags." Iris nodded at me. "And you still have issue with those?"