36

^^Acacia

Addy's POV

I hugged the books to my chest as I entered the library. I felt eyes on me, but I ignored them. I spotted an empty chair at a table. With a smile, I approached the table and sat down. The other other occupants quickly packed up there stuff and swiftly left. I signed since I was all alone. The other students continued to sneak glances at me while I ruffled through my stuff.

I wasn't sure how long I had been sitting in the room, but it was very uncomfortable. With a sigh, I hastily packed my stuff up. I was about to leave but someone plopped their stuff across from me. I looked up to see Acacia run a hand through her hair before sitting. She groaned at the different assignments she had to complete.

I looked around the room and it seemed that everyone was just as bewildered as me. Did she not see me here? She must not have. I got up to leave, but she looked up.

"Where you going?"

"Oh, I just... you sat there and I didn't want to make you uncomfortable by sitting here."

"Contrary to what I may say, this table doesn't have my name on it. Meaning, you can sit here or anywhere in this library." She said that last part sharp, so the other students would hear. "Sit down." She went back to work.

I didn't know what to do, so I slowly sat back down. I cautiously took out my supplies. It was quiet between us since she was working and I was over analyzing everything.

"Why do you allow them to treat you the way they do?" She wrote something down. When she didn't hear a reply, she glanced up.

"Oh, I... I hurt them. I hurt a lot of people. I can't condemn others-"

"Okay, but after the initial shock wears off... we can try to move on." I felt like she was directly speaking to me. "It may be hard, but an effort can be made."

"The past-"

"Is the past for a reason. Open communication and a functional dialogue can go a long way. Remember what Zena said, we'd be here for you. The last thing we need is for someone to feel isolated and like they have no outlet. Ya, there's pain associated with certain memories, but I feel like I have a platform to express them. I'm not inwardly holding onto the pain... like before. And you don't need to be kicked when you're already down."

"I am so, so sorry for what I did to you. No amount of apology will ever be enough."

"Addy, I'm a very selfish and entitled person." She was blunt. "So believe me when I say this... the people who constantly hold your past over your head want you to continuously grovel at their feet. Your apologies will never be enough for them. So you need to cut your loses and move on. Stop apologizing to everyone and believe me... they'll get over it. They've moved on from it, so don't let them keep bringing it up."

"I thought you'd be angrier."

"Angrier? No. Fearful? A bit." My shoulders sagged. 'I'm going to therapy... with Zena of course. And he tells us to communicate our feelings and to let go of past baggage. I don't know. Maybe I'm stupid. But, I always liked you, so it's hard to end a friendship like that." She shrugged.

I blushed and looked down at her words. I noticed people staring out of my peripheral. I looked at them, but they'd quickly turn around.

"I can't believe you're speaking to me in public."

"Ya, in a room with prying ears." She barked at everyone before focusing back on me.

"How can you even forgive me for what I did?"

"Addy..." She held my hands. "You're not the only person that I'm close to that's had a mental breakdown. It's not preferred, but it's inevitable. It just requires a person to appeal to the humanity side of the person. I don't hate you. Yes, I was hurt by you, but... you're so remorseful. And it's hard to stay mad at you when I know the real you. We've had such fond memories and... it's hard."

Acacia gave me an awkward smile. There was a pregnant pause since neither of us knew what to say. Acacia's eyes oscillated between the desk and my eyes. After a few more seconds, she hissed her teeth. I watched her suddenly stand.

"Come with me."

"Where are we going?" I quickly packed my stuff.

"Recreating one of our memories." Acacia shrugged and led me outside.

I tugged on my backpack strings as I followed the elf. I watched the other students eyeing Acacia since she was hot, but then look fearful upon observing me. I lowered my eyes and continued after her. Acacia led us to her massive dorm room. Acacia neatly placed her bag down before motioning me to the couch.

I sat down and watched her open the freezer. I wasn't paying attention to her, but I heard the sound of ice. She sat next to me and handed me a glass of soft ice.

"What's this for?" I popped one in my mouth.

"You took me out for water ice in Pennsylvania." She ate a cube.

"That's... this isn't..." I couldn't help but laugh. I saw Acacia smile, making me laugh harder.

"Technically, it's water ice." She winked. "Now, let's gossip." She placed her glass down. "Let's lay everything on the table..." I nodded at her. "What the fuck has been going on?"

"With everything?" I nervously bit my lip.

"Nah, we don't have to talk about that massive elephant. Nyx got that out the way." Acacia fanned me off. "I mean with the aftermath. How... Kiki came back. You must be excited, but... you seem so sad."

"It's hard to be ecstatic, but... I hurt so many. How am I supposed to be thrilled, when Everytime I close my eyes... I see the destruction." I desperately looked at her. "I'm having trouble, but I am so happy she's back. I'm having trouble communicating my excitement to her since I struggle to smile."

"You're depressed." She stated.

"I'm... am I?"

"I think you are." Acacia sadly smiled. "Do you... talk to someone?"

"And say what? Everyone is scared of me." I looked down.

"Hey, it's okay. There's no reason to feel guilty. I'm sure Kiki understands." Acacia rubbed my shoulder. "Besides that annoying devil..." She snorted, making me chuckle. "What else?"

"Well, a lot actually. Kiki brought Radna back." Her eyes widened. "And she gave Erana her uterus back. Hell is stable. Baalam I think is trying to start something with the angels- Kiki's actually supposed to speak to Ken about that, but hasn't gotten the chance-"

"Ya, because Nyx is being an asshole." She rolled her eyes.

"Besides that... Blake, my son... he's missing."

"What?!"

"Ya. We don't know-" I began crying. "I don't know where he is and I'm terrified. He was here one day and then gone the next. I don't know if he's dead or alive. There was no note or anything. Demons attacked his mental hospital, but... no idea. And I feel like this is karma for what I did to you and Hana. I'm so, so sorry! I don't... why am I clinically insane?!"

"You're not insane!"

"Whyd I crack that bad?! Why, Acacia?! Why-"

"You're my friend, so call me CIA!" She yelled at me.

"Cia... why couldn't I handle it better? Why didn't I confide in people? Why did I become a hermit and rage war against my friends?"

"I think you had a mental breakdown." I tilted my head at her. "I think with your familial background, Kiki's death sent you over the edge and you couldn't come back from it. You were in like a pressure cooker."

"You meant so much to me. You made me feel comfortable when I met your friend group. I felt welcomed and felt close to you. And to know that I caused harm to you deeply affects me."

"We're friends and will get past it. Therapy has done me wonders. Remember?! You introduced me to it!" Acacia grinned. "So let me repay the favor."

"W-Would you come with me?"

"Absol-freaking-loutly!" Acacia wrapped me in a tight hug.