31

Yeira's POV

Zena winced every time mum would grit her teeth. Maman assisted me to sit her up properly. Bandages were wrapped around her chest since they had to do minor surgery to remove the shrapnel. And because it was silver... it'll take a while for her to fully heal. Our grandparents were currently receiving intense medical treatment. The doctors reported they'd be fine, but they suffered a few injuries from the blows to the head.

"Why'd you throw your body like that?!" I snapped, causing Maman to raise a brow at me. "You could've died!" I shook and gritted my fists. "You got hurt." My voice wavered. "And I didn't do anything." I broke down, so Zena wrapped her arms around me. "I just sat there and watched you bleed out."

"Yei-"

"I need you. You can't leave us." I sniffled and clutched onto Zena. "Don't do that again!"

"Okay." Mum softly smiled.

"And where were you?!" I snapped at Maman. "Why weren't you there?! She got hurt and you weren't there!"

"I know." Maman sighed.

"It's not her fault." Mum took a deep breath to regulate her breathing. "She was fighting off a few militia groups on the other side of India."

"I came as fast as I disposed of them. But, I wasn't fast enough." Maman regrettably looked down.

"Why'd you send her alone?!"

"That was my mistake." Maman looked off.

"Yei, they had a plan. The plan succeeded with a few hiccups." Zena whispered. "They're both here and fine." Her voice wavered. She was trying to convince herslef and me.

"It's not fine!" I noticed Zena's eyes water with unshed tears. "We could've lost them! We've lost them before! I was severed from her!" My shaking finger pointed at my distraught mum. "I was torn from her! I was dismembered! I didn't have them! And then they were taken from you for 10 bloody years, Zena! You didn't have them! And then Geneve almost took them from us! I can't lose people I love!" I shouted. "I can't!"

"Yeira." Maman placed a hand in my shoulder. "Everything's alright."

"Don't die." I wrapped my arms around her, catching her off guard. "Please, don't die." I tightened the embrace.

"How are you feeling?" Zena lied next to mum.

"I'll be alright. Just a bit bruised and sore." Mum chuckled.

"Ahhh!" I jumped away from Maman.

"What?!" Our parents asked.

"We're in India!" I grinned and punched the air.

"Ya?" Zena didn't understand where I was going with this.

"Mathletes competition is here." I brushed past Maman and jumped on mum's bed, causing her to groan since I body slammed her. "Give me your phone!" I snatched it from Zena.

"Hey! Give it back! I was gonna call, Aqua!" Zena dove on mum to grab her phone, resulting in mum groaning again.

Mum was telling us to stop since we were rolling around on top of her. Maman ended up pulling Zena and I off mum. My foot was in Zena's face as I pushed her away. Zena kept trying to grab her phone while I googled the information. I then delivered a final kick to Zena, making her whine.

"My team made it to the finals, so I'm gonna go and participate."

"What?!" Zena was perplexed. "Mum is in the hospital!"