23

^^Vanya

Yeira's POV

Lexi and I stuck our tongues out while flailing our arms. It was now my turn, so Lexi stayed still and placed the empty bottle on her head. I raised my arm and cocked the rickety gun. Lexi smiled when I stuck my tongue out and closed one eye.

"What the hell are you doing?!" Hana quickly approached and snatched the gun from me. "Are you insane?!"

"Well-"

"Actually, don't answer that." She shook her head. "Lex, what kind of guardian are you?" She sighed.

"The very best." I fistbumped Lexi. "What's up?"

"Nothing really. Lara is looking for you." Hana stuffed her hands in her pockets.

"She needs me now? Why?"

"I don't know. She didn't say." Hana replied. "Know anything, Lex?"

"Ya, I think she wants to hang out with you."

"Hang out? With me? Why?" Lexi and Hana laughed. "What's so funny?"

"She's your mom, Yei. Of course, she'd want to hang with her daughter." Hana played with my collar.

"Oh, okay. Well, where is she?"

"Probs with Francesca." Lexi stated. "Hey, Hana! Let's do something."

"I'm sorry, but I'm going to the movies with Kazu."

"That guy again?!"

"Ya, he's right there." She waved him over.

"Hey, Hana." He gave her a long hug. "Lexi. Yeira." He nodded.

"You've spent an awfully lot of time with my girlfriend." I crossed my arms. "What's your angle?"

"Angle?"

"Yeira!" Hana hissed.

"Hmm..."

"She's my friend." He wrapped an arm around her. "We talk nearly everyday." My eyes bulged at this newfound information.

"And hang out too much." I snapped.

"Yeira." Hana chastised.

"Hana told me your parents own a jeweled empire, Jade warlord." My eye twitched.

"Okay, let's go, Yei." Lexi pulled me from there.

I kept sending Kazu the stank eye. Hana used her hand to cover her face as she shook her head. Lexi picked me up since I kept simulating different ways I'd kill Kazu. Lexi carried me to Francesca's office. And lo and behold, my mother was there. Maman rose and gave me a swift hug. I nodded at her and faced Francesca. She motioned us to leave, so we rolled our eyes and exited the room.

"What you wanna do?" She questioned me.

"You were the one who showed up, so you tell me." I jumped over a crack on the ground. "If you step on it, you break your mother's back."

"Thanks for looking out for me." She grinned and placed her hand on my back. "I have an idea, but I don't think it'd be popular between your mother and Hana."

"I'm all for it." We grinned and quickened our pace.

Maman had us travel to Poland to watch a cabaret show. We smirked at the dim interior and scantily dressed women. The two of us tapped our glasses and enjoyed the show.

"Yei." I looked her way. "Has Zena mentioned her run in with Geneve?"

"No, when did this happen?"

"It's been an occurring thing. The most recent was at the birthday party."