32

^^Nyx

Ken's POV

I was chilling with Lily. Well, Lily and Haze since Haze wouldn't leave me the hell alone! She did have some usage since she fluffed my pillow and would massage my sore feet. Damn, I really think I'm susceptible to kankles. Haze arrived with a bowl of soup that Lily had made.

I was about to put a spoonful in my mouth, but she slapped my hand away. Haze stated that the soup may be too hot for the little fetus. I rolled my eyes and allowed her to blow on it. She then fed me since I shouldn't be exercising too much since that could put strain on the fetus. This girl is absolutely ridiculous!

"Technically, it's advised that pregnant women engage in light physical activity." Lily chuckled and sat next to me while Haze massaged my shoulders.

"Can you please tell her I'm not disabled?"

"Technically, pregnant women are disabled." I groaned as Lily laughed. "How are you feeling though?"

"Morning sickness is a bitch and having no stamina sucks. I'm starting to get weird food cravings though. Like peanut butter on chips."

"That's nasty." Haze commented. "The baby needs healthy foods like spinach, broccoli-"

"And the mother wants a double cheeseburger." I cut her off.

"Good morning." Yugi entered Lily's house. "How are you, Ken?" He squatted in front of me while digging through his medical bag.

"Goooooooooood. I do think this is excessive though."

"Nonsense. It's normal to have regular checkups when carrying a life." He smiled. "Take a deep breath." He paced a gentle hand to my stomach. I did as he instructed and watched him smile. "The baby is healthy and full of life." He beamed.

"I've never seen you smile so wide." I joked.

"Babies have an affect on people." Lily smiled.

"You'll experience it one day." I smiled at her and watched her blush. "And you too." I faced Haze.

"There's no hope for me." She snorted. "I'd rather be surrounded by other people's children."

Yugi continued checking my vitals until he suddenly tensed. He then quickly threw his supplies in the bag and stood as Roman entered. Ramon moved the beaded curtain off his shoulders before facing us. He cocked a brow since we all

looked incredibly suspicious. He cleared his throat before staring at me.

"A meeting for the next steps in border protection will begin."

"Okay."

"Your mother had requested your presence." He nervously spoke.

"You're kidding." I deadpanned.

"I'm afraid not."

"Tell her no!"

"Unfortunately, she's of a higher rank and I must default to her orders over yours."

"Have Ajax tell me the meeting report! I don't want to go!" I stubbornly spoke.

"Ken, please don't make this more difficult on me." He sighed.

"Fine." I stood. "I hate this."

"We know." Haze commented.

"Shut it, Haze!" She raised her hands in defense.

Roman moved out the way for me to pass him. He then escorted me back to the palace. Roman and I walked to the Confrence room to see everyone present. I was even surprised to spot Hailey. She gave me a small smile as I sat next to her. Guess she's really trying to move on from baalam's death.