34

^^Kiki

Addy's POV

I flipped the hood over my head and drew the drawstrings tight. I heard chuckles to my left, so I attempted to look, but my hood blocked me. The chuckling got even louder.

"Want my hat to complete the look, gorgeous?" Kiki cheekily asked. I snatched her hat and stuffed it underneath the hood. "Definitely a criminal because you stole my hat." She snickered.

"I'm doing everything in my power to avoid people recognizing me." I started to panic when we got closer to the campus.

"Addy, you worry too much." Kiki pulled my hood down. "It'll be alright."

"Kiki, I tried to destroy that campus!"

"And you didn't, so everything is fine." She placed an arm around me. "Don't worry. You'll be fine. No one will mess with you."

"But, what if they-"

"Addy." She placed her hands on my shoulders. "No one will harm you. I'm going to protect you." She gave me a dopey smile before pecking my nose. "Now, let's go." She held my hand.

"Okay, but the path with the least amount of people." I wiggled my finger at her.

Kiki chuckled as she nodded. We bypassed the security and entered the school grounds. My anxiety picked up to an all time high. Kiki used her thumb to rub circles along the back of my hand. We picked the path with the least amount of people. A guy spotted me and held his finger up. He appeared furious as he addressed us.

"You're-"

My eyes widened since Kiki flicked her hand and allowed the darkness to absorb him. I grunted and hit her chest. She rolled her eyes before allowing the darkness to return him. The guy look like he had seen the 7 circles of hell based on him being curled up on the floor and rolling around in fear. I looked at Kiki, but she snickered and dragged me after her.

I slowed my pace when we got close to the mansion that Zena occupied. Did they still reside in the mansion or move back to the dorm rooms? I wasn't sure, but felt terrified. The anxiety was crippling and if it wasn't for Kiki... I'd either pass out from fear or run away.

"Criminal, we have to keep moving if we're to arrive at the place." She snickered.

"Do we really have to see them?" I fiddled my fingers.

"Yes, criminal. She needs to be aware that circumstances have changed. Come along-"

"They hate me and I'm scared." I admitted. "I'm scared how they will react and treat me. I deserve the hatred-"

"Criminal." Kiki gave me a soft smile. "You made a mistake. They will move on from it. And if they don't, I'll forcibly make them move on."

"Ki-"

Kiki used my distraction to run to the door. She kicked it open and motioned for me to enter with her. I groaned, but followed after her. Kiki went to the living room and jumped up.

"I'm back, losers!" She yelled... to no one. "Huh? Where is everyone?" Kiki faced me, so I shrugged. "There scents were here... guess like an hour ago." She grumbled.

Kiki complained while walking around the empty house. She raided the room she considered to be Zena's just to make a point. I began to get hungry, so Kiki followed me to the cafeteria. Kiki spotted a girl she recognized, so she ditched me to question her about Zena. I continued to aimlessly walk while looking around. I made it to the square when an irritated Hana came my way.

Hana kept muttering about Yeira driving her crazy. She then suddenly stopped. My breath hitched as her eyes met mine. I gulped as she held my gaze. Hana's breathing increased and she took a step back. Hana placed a hand over her heart as she held onto the wall for support. I held my hands up and slowly approached her, but she screamed. I jumped from the surprise. Other students looked at her in confusion, but she couldn't rip her gaze from me.