33

^^Ken

Ken's POV

"This is insane." Ajax grumbled and crossed his arms.

I smirked at his annoyance since I was getting my way. Mom was desperate to do anything to reduce my hatred towards her. She granted me however long I needed in the human realm until I felt better. Little did she know that it may be an eternity until I returned to her.

Ajax had to re-prioritize the angel's jobs since my safety was paramount. I didn't realize how much energy went into planning my protection detail. Nyx gave me a smirk and a look to signal this was the exact reason Ajax was always against me leaving the realm.

"Alright. Who wants to accompany-"

"Me!" Haze shot her hand up.

"Really?" Ajax couldn't hold back his private thoughts.

Amara looked bewildered at her sister's excitement. Haze made her way to me and actually got between Nyx and I. Nyx threw her hands up and walked off. Haze connected our arms and snarled at anyone who would attempt to touch me. She's more savage than a Rottweiler.

"Okay, then." Ajax eyed her wearily. "I need another."

"Isn't this enough? Just Nyx and Haze. I don't need more."

"Ya, you do. No arguments." He shut me down. "If I must release you into that free for all realm, then you best believe that I'll make you the most secure person imaginable."

"Ash is in the realm if anything goes awry." Nyx stated. "He shouldn't be too hard to contact. I think this is fine. She wants as little a protection detail as possible."

"Fine." Ajax grunted. "I trust you two will protect her come anything." The duo nodded. "Okay, enjoy your little holiday." He gave me a look before leaving.

"Why do you want to leave?" Amara and Onyx approached Haze.

"Adventure." She gave them a disturbing smile.

"But, we do protection details together." Onyx bit her lip.

"And you hate the human realm." Amara added. "I only endure it for Logan, but..."

"Why are you leaving?" Onyx looked slightly upset.

"You'll survive without me." She patronizing my pat Onyx's cheek. "You and Onyx can pair together." She turned to her sister.

"I can't stand her." Amara deadpanned.

"It wouldn't be the same without you." Onyx stated.

"She's a junked up crackhead." Amara commented.

"We don't get along as well as you think." Onyx added.

"Girlfriend and sister bonding time." Haze spoke. "Enjoy each other." She tugged me away.

"I'll miss- never mind." Onyx caught herself before admitting too much.

Haze took my arm and dragged me past Nyx. Nyx was nearly knocked off balance by Haze. My girlfriend grumbled as she followed us to the border. When we got closer, we felt a breeze. We looked up to see Hailey land near us.

"You're coming?" Nyx scoffed.

"The queen thinks it's best I join. A precaution."

"To control my emotions." I rolled my eyes.

"Raving hormones can correlate with meltdowns." I gulped at her words. "This way I can help reduce any stress or calm you."

"Ok-"