57

Ken's POV

Woda instructed everyone to do their jobs. I was becoming slightly nervous and attempted to wiggle myself free. The followers were preoccupied with their tasks, so they were oblivious to the raven that flew inside. I observed the raven flap overhead before perching itself on a ledge. I squinted and gasped in delight.

People turned to me, so I whistled and pretended I didn't make a noise. I waited until they turned away to signal to Rowan. Rowan turned his head and looked me dead in the eye. I gulped because Kiki's raven is fucking creepy at times. Rowan flapped into the air and flew off. Jeez, he left me! Well, what can he really do?

I heard screaming, so I craned my neck. A small fire started from a candle being overturned. I heard a metallic sound, so I turned and saw another candle knocked over. I grinned as I spotted Rowan flying about and colliding with candles. The people scrambled to put out the fire, allowing Rowan to land near me. Rowan scampered around and stared at the rope binding my arms.

Rowan jumped into the air and began pecking at the rope. I frantically looked around and urged Rowan to go faster. Rowan stopped and gave me a look. Wow, not surprised Kiki's bird has an attitude. I rolled my eyes as Rowan went back to pecking my rope.

My mouth opened in anticipation. The rope got thinner as Rowan continued pecking. It was close to snapping when something whizzed by my face and knocked Rowan away. My eyes traveled to see Rowan pinned to a wall via an axe. I screamed as blood dropped down Rowan's sternum. Kiki is going to murder me.

"Hmm... flying pest." Woda's hand was still outstretched from using magic. "You're little sidekick almost helped you." She snapped, materializing more rope around my wrist. "Get comfy. We're staring soon." She winked and walked off.

My breath was short as I stared at the bird. I heard whirring and turned to see a chainsaw. Nah, uh. I was dragged up, so I began kicking and screaming. One person placed their hand over my mouth, so I chomped down on their hand. They winced and dropped me. I attempted to run off, but someone shoved me back down. I was then dragged by a few guys. They properly tied me down and signaled to Woda.

I floundered around, so a guy held my head down. Others grabbed my limbs to keep me from moving. Woda directed a follower to chop my hands off first. I screamed when a follower held my arm down. My butcher touched the axe against my wrist. He then raised it above his head. Before he could bring it down a spear darted through the air and pierced his chest. He grunted as blood formed in his mouth. The guy then fell backwards from the weight of the axe.

A war cry was heard, prompting me to turn my head. I watched as Nyx led the charge with Haze and Kiki. Haze spun around with her sai and cut her opponents. Kiki held her hand out and manipulated the darkness to her liking. Nyx abandoned the duo and took on Woda, who countered her strikes with magic.

"Hey, Ken!" Gad popped out of nowhere, making me scream.

"We're gonna get you out of this." Addy assured while Gad slashed the ropes. "Are you ok? Is the baby fine?" She worried.

"I'm good. All good." Gad helped me sit up. "Wrists and ankles are sore."

"That's to be expected." Gad surveyed the room to make sure no one was attacking us. "Erana just arrived! And she's leading the calvary!" We watched zombies weirdly run inside.

"This is a scene out of a horror movie." I felt squeamish.

"We should-"

"Rowan!" Addy sounded horrified.

I followed her line of sigh and sighed at seeing the bird. Kiki heard her scream and stopped to follow her line of sight. Kiki gasped and raced to Rowan. Her hands were suspended in the air because she didn't know what to do. Kiki eventually decided to gently wrap her hand around the hilt. Rowan flinched a little, so Kiki ripped it out Rowan. Rowan squeaked and fell, so Kiki swiftly caught him.