16

^^Yeira

Yeira's POV

I was eating a burger while thinking about Hana. It was impossible for my mind not to wander to her. She's been acting weird around food for the last few days. I've noticed that she's not as fluffy when I hug her. Not that she was fluffy before. In fact, she's always been quite slim. It just feels like she's skinnier... like bonier.

"Miss Yeira." I looked up at the Prof. "This is math class, not culinary class."

"You eat in culinary class?" A few students facepalmed. "Hmm... is there a drinking class?"

"You are so weird." Rachel commented.

"Rachel!" Prof chastised her.

"She's talking about the way she eats a burger." Ryan gestured to me.

Everyone's eyes were on me now. What?

"Huh?"

"You're eating the burger from the outside in, like in a spiral and upside down." Rachel deadpanned.

"Is there a correct way?" Everyone sighed at my question. "What?"

"Pay attention, Miss Yeira." Prof took my half eaten burger and tossed it in the trash.

"My friends tell me to learn to eat human food, so I can take my girlfriend out for dinner." I explained.

"Who'd you trick into dating you?" Rachel scoffed.

"It's that Hana girl, right? The kitsune." Ryan spoke.

"That very one!"

"Let's focus, class." Prof got our attention. "And take notes, Miss Yeira."

I sighed and forced myself to make notes in the book. I wrote incredibly small, so Prof told me to write larger. I groaned, but acquiesced. By the time class finished, I raced to the door. Prof called me back, prompting me to loudly groan and fling my head back.

"I want to inform everyone about the competition in a few weeks." Everyone seemed excited while I was lost. "Question, Miss Yeira?" He addressed me since my hand was raised.

"What competition?"

"The Mathletes competition." Ryan was irritated with my lack of knowledge.

"Correct. And because it's a team of 3, tryouts will soon begin." Prof smiled while everyone murmured in anticipation. "Have a nice day, class." He dismissed us.

I overheard the other students murmur about how the rest of the class was vying for the last spot. Apparently, Ryan and Rachel are always the top marks, so they go every year. Thus, the rest of the class has to battle for the last spot. I had no interest in doing anything like that, so I whistled and walked down the halls.

I sauntered to the mansion and caught Hana's scent. I smiled and jogged inside. Hana's head was lowered as her hands rested on the table. Acacia had her arms wrapped around Hana and she appeared to have tears in her eyes.

"Hey, Hana!" My booming voice caused them to jump. I watched as they both quickly wiped their eyes. "Did I interrupt something?"

"N-No!" Hana sniffled.

"Oh, okay!" They gave me a dumbfounded look as I ruffled through the cabinets. "I shall make you some food, Hana!"

"Yeira, now isn't-"

"Nah, I insist." I cut Acacia off.

"Yeira, the food thing-"

"Here ya go!" I slammed down a bowl. "Cereal!" I grinned before pouring in the milk... too much since it overflowed... and then added the cereal. "Ta da!"