Chapter 20

But, as fate would have it, Sang found herself not in the dining room, but in fact on the top deck.

Sang took in her surroundings- she had, after all, not been up here since she first boarded the Titanic.

It was rather lovely. With blinding white deck chairs, 4 massive funnels, not-very-big-so-they-don't-get-in-you-way-while-you-look-at-the-sea lifeboats and a perfect view of both the sea and sky; who wouldn't call it perfect?

Smiling slightly, the beauty made her way to the edge of the boat and peered over it. Now her smile was full blown- nobody told her there would be dolphins!

The grey mammals dived in and out of the water, trying to keep up with the gigantic ship while still being extremely graceful. To say they were beautiful was an understatement.

" Sang?"

The sound of Victor's voice startled her out of her head, and she quickly turned round and faced Victor, who was still as handsome as ever, but now in a white button up top and slacks instead of the suit he was wearing before. She could now see his muscles (the top was slightly see through) so she was most definitely not complaining.

" What are you doing out here?" Victor questioned, coming closer.

A blush rushed to Sang's cheeks- she doesn't want to admit to the very handsome man next to her that she got lost on her way to the dining room!- but she knew she horrendous at lying, so she had to tell the truth.

" I.... We... It could happen to anyone, really...." Sang stuttered over her words, having no idea what to say in the presence of someone so handsome.

" Go on- I won't laugh," Victor told her, and Sang knew that he wouldn't laugh at her and the fact that she got lost on the way to the dining room, no matter how funny it is.

" IgotlostonmywaytothediningroomsoIwasgoingtowaithereforsomeonesoIdon'tgetanymorelost" Sang got out in one breath. Not even she understood what she just said, so she knew Victor wouldn't.

" Wait, let me get this strait: you got lost on your way to the dining room so you were going to wait for someone to get you so you don't get anymore lost?" Sang mutely nodded, covering her face with her hands, slightly suprised that he manage to work out what she just said, "Do you get lost often? Silas and North mentioned you got lost on your way back to first class from the dining room," she nodded again, peaking her eyes out from under her hands, wondering where he was going with this, "Would you like it if I did a map for you?"

Sang was suddenly very angry. She had never had anything to be thankful for, so she didn't know how to express it, and she was angry at that. Not Victor- never Victor- she was just so angry with herself for not knowing how to express gratitude, that she was just going to lash out at the closest thing to her.

And at the moment, that was Victor.

" Why do you care so much? I mean, I'm nothing special- you could have any women on this ship, young or old," and she knew it was true, no matter how much she regretted her words.

" Sang," Victor sighed, looking down at her, "our group is made of broken family. We may not look like it on the outside, but we are. Those are the others stories to tell- I have no right to tell them to you- but I can tell you mine. My father shouted at me for every little thing I did- weather it was using the wrong note on the piano or my shirt not being tucked in. He sometimes resulted to violence. My mother didn't care about me enough to stop him.

" Anyway, the boys found me and took me in. Since then, I have had a proper family- no matter how crazy they are.

" When I first saw you, even from a distance, I could see that you were broken as well. Of course we would take you under our wing and take care of you. It also helps that your beautiful with a big heart- not many people are like that."

By the end of Victor's speech, Sang was glowing the brightest red she had ever gone in her life, but that didn't stop her hugging Victor. She wasn't just hugging him because of all the crap that his father gave him- she was hugging him because he made her feel wanted.

So this is how you display gratitude, Sang thought to herself.

When they broke away from the hug, Victor said, "come on, lets go get some lunch."