Chapter 48

I know this seems to be going on forever, but I have only planned 9 more chapters- maybe even less- so bare with me.

After another 30 minutes of Sean whining about going to bed, Sang giggling and the others trying to block the endless whining out, North snapped. He rose to his feet, stormed over to a surprisingly still asleep Luke, grabbed a brown bottle from his step brothers pocket, uncorked it and wafted it under Dr Sean's nose. In a matter of seconds, Sean was snoring and hugging Owen's arm, much to his displeasure.

" What was that?" Sang questioned, using her elbows to help her sit up and peer curiously towards North as he put the brown bottle back in his brothers pocket.

" Ask Luke when he wakes up," North replied, his voice gruff as he went back under his blanket next to Silas, who had several pillows on his head to block out Sean and now appeared to be asleep.

Accepting that as an answer, Sang lay back down, listening to Owen's cursing as he tried to get Sean off his arm while Nathan shuffled over to switch of the light, looking remarkably like a zombie as he did so. Before the light went off, and everyone was dragged under into the world of sleep, she couldn't help but voice a question that had been bugging her for a while now.

" Why are you guys on Titanic, anyway?" she tried to make her voice sound causal like this was the sort of question you ask the handsome boys you met just a few days ago, but it came out in the way it would do if you were interrogating someone.

This obviously was not the sort of question that any of the boys were expecting Sang to ask, as the ones who were awake all displayed some signs of shock and... fear? Kota's head shot up again, Victor's half asleep fire eyes flickered back into life, Gabriel muttered a curse and Nathan tripped over onto Owen, who muttered a few choice swear words of his own.

" You want to know?" Kota questioned, looking at Sang strait in the eyes with a look that clearly said that she really didn't want to know. Despite this look, the beauty nodded- her curiosity would only destroy her unless she knew sooner rather than later.

Looking troubled, Kota shared a look with Owen, who nodded. Sang had now propped herself, once again, up on her elbows so she could see everyone better. This time, however, she was joined with the scared looking Victor. Now she really wanted to know why this topic made everyone this terrified, like McCoy had suddenly appeared in the room with a chainsaw an.d a mad look across his face.

Kota took a deep breath, before he spoke up, "we are here for you."

Those 5 words made Sang focus more than she had previously, which was quite a lot. Why were the boys here for her?

" We heard from a reliable source that a first class passenger, youngest daughter of James and Anna Sorenson, was being abused and was not let out of the house unless to collect the mail. The source, who has been asked to remain anonymous, hadn't even known she existed until he coincidentally looked out the window as you were collecting the mail. According to him, you had bruises on your face and you walked with a limp. He tried finding out about you by playing the 'nosy neighbor' card, but your 'family' got suspicions of him and booked the next fanciest boat over to America. Our boss got word of this, and decided to send us on the Titanic to keep an eye on you, while making sure everything was okay on the ship," Kota finished the whole paragraph of speech so quickly that Sang had a job to work out what he said, but after she realized what he had said, she was overcome with the sudden urge to sob into her pillow.