Chapter 54

Finally, they had manged to fill most of their lifeboats before everyone ran off screaming as the water came closer and closer.

" We better go," Nathan shouted to the other group, receiving a nod from Luke and a bark from Owen.

Sang was just about to sit next to a small child with blonde pigtails and a tearstreaked face when she saw someone come waddling along, the water coming thick and fast behind him. The ship itself seemed to be growing under his weight, going down more each time he took a step.

She gasped when she was close enough to see him, quickly jumping in next the girl.

" Mc-fucking-Coy," Gabriel growled, storming towards the fat, panting man and giving a shove, sending him toppling into the water, where several other people were trying to swim away.

" Gabe!" Kota barked from the other side of the lifeboat, holding part of the rope, preparing to lower it down. Sang hardly ever left the house, but she knew from listening too a posh person her mother talked too who had almost died on a sinking ship that you needed people above to lowered into the sea.

But, lets face it, they were Academy boys- they could do anything if they set their minds too it.

" He had it fucking coming!" Gabriel hollered back, sliding in next to Sang and grabbing an ore. Some of the women gasped at his foul launge, and some of the crew who Silas had shoved onboard chuckled, gaining them a wack from the women closest to them.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The boy had quickly lowed them into the freezing ocean before the water that was eating the ship got close to them, closely behind the other lifeboat. The boys, and crew, immediately started rowing, getting further and futher away from the ship, and away from the screams.

The screams of the people who had jumped into the water were terrible. They echoed throught the water, and in everyones brains. The little girl next to her clutched her ears and shuffled closer to her- Sang welcomed into her arms, needing something to keep her in the lifeboat and not in the water, trying to save everyone in the water.

" You can't save everyone," Gabriel said with a strained voice. Saving people was obviously something that Gabriel was used to, and knowing that you couldn't save everyone was breaking him from the inside. Sang would of grabbed his hand, only he was rowing, so needed both hands to do so. Though Sang would of betted her soul that he could of done it with feet, blindfolded.

" We have to go faster," Kota's order sounded oddly like a dogs bark, "we'll be pulled down unless we get far en-"

Kota was cut of by a loud creaking sound from the ship. Everyone looked up, seconds before a funnel crashed into the water, crushing people and sending a gigantic wave towards them.

" Oh my Zeus," was the only thing that Silas managed to get out before they were covered with icey water...

The girl next to her let out a scream as the water rushed over their bodies, several other people shouting out foul words (Gabriel and herself included) as the water bit into their skin. The other lifeboat, who was slightly behind them, would of tipped if North and Owen hadn't reacted quickly and jumped into the water, keeping it upright. She could clearly hear Sean ask everyone was alright and see Victor and Luke quickly help North and Owen back into the ship, shaking and coughing.

Sang couldn't believed that they survived that. She didn't feel awfully lucky, but compared to the people, freezing in the water, she was the luckiest girl alive.

With that though, she joined in with the girl's crying, shutting her eyes and blocking out the rest of the ship as it sunk into the frozen waters of the Atlantic Ocean.