Chapter 39

Sang was reunited with the boys at lunch time in her room.

Everyone looked like they had just run 4 marathons, had a fight with a bear, been attacked by Marie, not slept for 3 weeks, cried for 5 years, jumped of the Titanic, and gone mad.

In other words, they didn't look their best.

" How did everyone get on with their assignments?" Owen inquired as they all settled down to eat their meal in Victor's quarters.

The beauty shared a distressed look with Sean. Owen would murder them in front of everyone if he found out what had happened and how they had gotten hardly anything done with their job!

So, they settled for lying.

" Everything went great. Me and Pookie got everything done- she was the perfect little helper! We might need some time after lunch though to double check everything," Sang could of kissed Sean then and there.

I'll do it later so it doesn't look suspicious, Sang thought as she nodded at Sean's words and put a smile on, hoping that Owen would fall for the lie.

The leader did, and he now looked towards Victor and Gabriel. Gabriel looked like he had been crying and Victor kept looking at Gabriel like he wanted to hit him, but when their boss looked at them, they shared looks of pure terror.

" Um, everything went, um, well. We just need to, um, check after lunch if they have, um, done what we asked," Victor said with a forced smile. It sounded like he had been shouting a lot for some reason.

Sang wondered why he had been shouting. Victor wasn't the sort of person who would shout a lot.

Mr Perfect now looked towards the four boys who had been intrusted in the job of building their lifeboat- possibly one of the most important jobs. They all shared looks that clearly said that they hadn't finished their job before Kota spoke up.

" It went well," Nathan snorted slightly, "but we have lost the manual," Silas mumbled something that sounded like "in the Atlantic ocean", "and most of the lifeboat parts are missing due to some... disagreement with each over," Kota glared at North, and Silas muttered "more like fight involving parts of the life boat", "so we have decided that the best option is to steal one of the Titanic's lifeboats. There should be enough for all the woman, children and maybe some men on board if we share with some other people. How did your assignment go, Mr B?"

Now it was Owen's time to admit that he hadn't completed his job successfully- it was, after all, pretty obvious by the way he looked. Mr B looked towards Luke- more like glared hatefully- before clearing his throat and saying, "we may need some other people to help us with our assignment. I have been chucked out of the band and Luke has been diagnosed as 'mentally unstable'."

So nobody completed their jobs? I wonder what happened during their tasks that meant that they couldn't complete them? And how did Luke get diagnosed as mentally unstable?!? 

I'll probably never know, no matter how much I pout.