Chapter 53

I have changed historic information slightly in this chapter. Please don't hit me!

" Everyone ready?" Owen asked, pulling the still half asleep Sean behind him. Receiving a yes from everyone, he nodded, and opened the door, where the sheepish looking Kota had his hand raised up in a knocking position.

" I forgot my key," He said sheepishly at Owens 'What the hell are you doing, Mr Lee?' look, which made Sang giggle from her place in North's arms. North had been very insistent of not letting her go, which is why she was cradled in his arms right now.

Anyway, were just going up to the top now. Are all the 3rd class doors opened?" Kota nodded at Owen's question. So that is where he went, Sang thought to herself. Even though she hardly left the house, she knew that 3rd class were considered scum of the world, and whenever a ship sank, they would be the last to be let out. It seems like on the Titanic that the same class system applies, which Sang wasn't overly happy about. Surely we should all be considered as equals? Surely...

This isn't the place for thoughts on equality, Sang Sorenson! You are on a sinking ship, for Christ's sake!

Shut up! Sang thought to herself, before wondering who on Earth she was talking too. Maybe being around the boys made her mad? Probably.

While Sang had been zoned out, she hadn't realised that North and the others had been moving down the corridor. Where as everyone else was rushing about like headless chickens, they were walking calmly like they didn't know that the ship was sinking. Sang could help but admire their cool attitude... And wonder whether these were the same boys who were at each overs throats in Victor's cabin. Probably not.

When they reached the top, Sang gasped for two reasons.

1. Because it was chilly as hell. Sure, she was bundled up in several in several layers and was in North's arms, but she could clearly see her breath as she breathed. She was already shaking and her teeth were chattering!

2. Because the ship was going under, and like Kota had said, it was going down fast. Everyone was running about like they had no clue what to do, but she could clearly see the water that was eating up the ship, even though she was miles away. It finally hit her that the ship was sinking, and suddenly, she was shaking even more and she had to blink away tears.

" At least 10* of the ships watertight compartments on the starboard were breeched. It could stay a float if they're were only 4, but 6 more were breeched before the captain, who was apparently sleep at the time, could stop it. Were going down fast, and we can't stop it. We can only hope that help is on its way" Owen told the group before rolling up his coat to his elbows and clapping his hands, in full leader mode.

" Right, lets help the passengers get on the lifeboats!"

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

That was easier said than done, Sang thought silently to herself as Silas tried to shout over the chaos to get "WOMEN AND CHILDREN IN LIFEBOATS!"

North, Luke, Victor, Sean and  Owen were trying to get people into another lifeboat, and apparently was having success. Too much success. Everyone was trying to get into the lifeboats- men included- which made North go red from shouting. Owen, however, went red from not being obeyed, and fired in a gun in the air, which made the passengers scream. 

She was with Gabriel, Nathan, Kota and Silas, trying to get women and children into the life boat. So far, they had gotten 4 women and 3 children in the lifeboat. At least half of them were 3rd class, and one or two in 2nd class. 1st class were already on the lifeboats and were quickly rowing away from the sinking ship, which made Sang angry. So angry that she decided to take it out on the poor passengers.

Storming over to the other lifeboat, she grabbed a Spanish mother with her 3 children and dragged them over to her life boat, forcing them into the life boat. She reaped this two more times before Gabriel and Nathan decided to do the same, Kota and Silas trying to remain order in the lifeboat.

" Thank fucking God we have Sang with us- they'll all be dead long before the sea even touches us without her" Sang heard Gabriel mutter to Nathan while she dragged a tearful women with a baby in her arms back towards her lifeboat, making her blush.

*Only 5 of the watertight compartments were actually breeched.

** 3rd class weren't let out until there were virtually no lifeboats. Kota didn't actually free them. At least, I don't think so...