Chapter 55

The Titanic was now no more. It was gone, sunken forever beneath the frozen waters, never to be seen again. The people in the water were no more, and some of the people on the lifeboats. On the other lifeboat, an old lady had had a heart attack or something when the water had hit and passed away. They had no choice but to put her in the water and watch her float away (Sang had opened her eyes from one second when Gabriel had said to keep them shut. This is why people shouldn't tell her to do things- she'll probably do the exact opposite!)

" E-everyone keep awake. No falling a-asleep," Kota had barked a while ago, shiving and shaking. The other lifeboat, who had kept as close as possible to them, were looking no better- North and Owen were blue and a few of the younger ones were sneezing.

Sang had to hit Gabriel to keep awake and keep rowing, and a found herself being pintched by Gabriel and the small girl beside her to keep herself awake.

Sang was pinched again, making her eyes open and turn to the little girl beside her, " I'm Edith Smith," came the timid, high-pitched voice beside her, the girls blue eyes lighting up when Sang gave her a tiny smile, "I'm 5 and a half!"

Edith grinned innocently up at her, making her wonder how. She had just watched a ship and people die- how could she smile innocently up at her?

" I'm Sang, and I'm 16," Sang, despite her question, found herself smiling back at the girl, "where's your mother?"

The little girl looked confused before she looked up with big, tearful, blue eyes, "I don't know!"

Sang felt incredible amounts of pity for the little girl, so did the only thing that she could possibly do- she hugged her, tight.

" Don't worry, I'll look after you until we find your mother. I promise."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

It was sunrise by the time they were resuced.

The RMS Carpathia wasn't as flashy or as big as the Titanic, but Sang couldn't of loved it more when she saw it. Really- if it wasn't frowned upon and the ship would of gotten beaten up by jealous boys, she would of made out with it until her lips were bruised.

The other lifeboat went up onto the ship first, Owen and North being rushed into blankest and shoved warm cups of coca in their hands. It took at least 30 minutes for everyone on that lifeboat to get on the ship, and over 40 minutes for her and Edith to get on the ship.

Sang was quickly whisked away by Victor, who had been waiting for her. Sang didn't let of Edith's small hand be ripped from her own- after all, she had promised she would look after her until she found her mother, and part of looking after a child is not letting them out of her sight.

" Who's she?" Victor asked as he went down into the ship.

" I'm Edith Smith and I'm 5 and a 1/2!" Edith said, beaming Victor, "Your pretty- like a prince!"

Victor didn't reply to Edith's compliment, mainly because they had arrived at the compartment where the others were all huddled. Literally- like penguins.

" I'm Edith Smith and I'm 5 and a 1/2!" Edith shouted before jumping onto the huddle. Everyone was far to out of it to question why a pigtailed girl was on their huddle. Sang shared an amused look with Victor and joined the huddle, wondering why it felt so normal to huddle with the boys and wondering if she would have nightmares with the events of the Titanic.

Surprisingly, she didn't. Her boys- and Edith Smith- acted as her own personal dream catcher- or nightmare catcher.