Chapter 50

(In the Bridge- where the captain steers the ship)

" Our main problem are those boys, sir. They seem to have a way of appearing when were about to do something, and they know what we are up to, sir. Earlier, sir, one of their members was banging pots and pans together, claiming that the ship will sink, sir. They know what you are going to do, sir. That's all."

A slightly mad smile took over Hendricks face as he stared down at the now silent phone. Everything was going perfectly to plan. Those... boys were doing exactly what he had planned and they had no clue that everything was going perfectly to plan. Well, everything but McCoy. He wasn't supposed to lock the long haired blonde and that girl in the cupboard- he wasn't supposed to do anything, in fact. McCoy was always the one to act on impulse, however, which normally meant that they had to act quickly to sort out his mistakes. It was, frankly, very annoying and he couldn't wait to get rid of him.

Which would happen much sooner than later- he could very well be gone this morning. If all went to plan, that is. The trouble with sinking a ship the size of Titanic is that you can't guarantee anything, especially when icebergs have a tendency to move around in the water and not be were you actually planned them to be.

Hendricks randomly spun the wheel about. The boat didn't turn- it didn't even move the slightest- because the wheel was a fake. Like one of the four funnels, the thing that apparently controlled the boat was a fake that he forced the designer, Dr Thomas Andrews-Roberts, to add. He also had forced him to not include enough lifeboats on board the ship, thus resulting in many people's death. The poor designer was now in a store cupboard in 3rd class which was permanently locked, bound and gagged- destined to go down with the ship he designed- and his college in this plan was pretending to be Dr Andrews-Roberts. Lucky for him, very little people actually knew him in person, and his partner in crime was a very good actor and looked like an exact copy of Dr Andrews-Roberts in costume.

They had a steering wheel that worked, but it was below deck and controlled by another one of his partners in crime, but only when they really needed to. Hendricks knew for a fact that all Mr Crowley did was sip tea and order people around. The 'Captain' scowled at that. He didn't like being bossed around- he was usually the one doing the bossing- but if he didn't obey Mr Crowley, then he would be chucked overboard. And besides, he couldn't do something like this on his own- kill many of the poorer people who should of been killed at birth and get rid of the best Academy team to date. It was a win-win situation if all went to plan.

Speaking of plans, Hendricks thought to himself, frowning to himself slightly. Shouldn't there be an giant iceberg breaking out of the darkness right now, accompanied by the phone ringing?

A slight jerk of the massive ship almost knocked over Hendricks over onto the fake wheel, and he knew Mr Crowley was steering towards the iceberg. Hendricks frowned. The stupid man had no experience with driving ships, and icebergs were incredibly unpredictable. They should of just gone with his plan and added explosives to the ship, set to explode a day into their maiden voyage. It would be much simpler, but then his other partner in crime brought up the whole problem of getting explosives without looking suspicious.

" So its all going to plan," Hendricks sighed quietly to himself, before turning to face the whale of a man on the other side of his door, a grin etched onto his ugly face. McCoy had the look of a poor child at Christmas who got a expensive present, which added to Hendricks distaste of this pervert of a college who would- hopefully- go down with the ship. If Hendricks actually believed in God, he would be praying to the omnipresent being. But,alas, he believed in science and logic, and God being real was far from that. 

" Yes. Soon we should be getti-" Hendricks was cut of from finishing his sentence by the phone ringing and the faint outline of the iceberg that was going to sink the ship. He smiled to himself again before he reached towards the phone with no apparent panic. After all, everything was going to plan.

The Titanic would never reach America, nor would the Blackbourne team.