Chapter - 73

Sanyukta's p.o.v

It was 9th dec now. Biswa & me were literally trembling standing infront of Randhir sir..

Yesterday just because of our one mistake a big accident was going to happen in our lab... God we both were lucky that Randhir sir came on time & turned off the machine. Or else me & Biswa would have died or got severely injured.

I still can't believe even after so many days we failed to set the correct temperature & time. We thought everything was right so we let it do it's work & came to our table & started doing other work. But we failed to notice the overheating sign. Fortunately Randhir sir came & went to inspect it & that's when he noticed the error. He looked horrified & immediately turned it off. We both couldn't decipher the reason behind his panic & just stood there like statues.  After turning off the machine when he looked at us the look on his face made us realise that we had caused some serious grave.. unknowingly though.

He almost hit us yesterday but somehow he controlled himself & stopped inbetween but didn't fail to thrash us by his words...

The whole department heard his shouting yesterday. We both were too ashamed & not in a position to face anyone outside of our lab.

Dixit sir got to know about this & he immediately came to our lab & he also scolded me & Biswa badly. He even criticized Randhir sir for leaving the machine unsupervised.

I was almost in tears but I gulped them somehow & Randhir sir literally kicked us out yesterday from our lab.

And today we are again standing infront and of him hanging our heads down.

Randhir sir - you both are useless dimwits.  

He again shouted & I just closed my eyes.

Randhir sir - you know what guys if it was in my hand I would have expelled both of you yesterday only.

I am still shivering thinking about all those worst scenarios that could have taken place if I wouldn't have come on time...

What would have I answered to your parents if anything would have have happened to both of you....

You both would have been admitted in ICU & I would have been terminated from my job... He shouted again...

You Sanyukta you know what you don't deserve to be here... Go home & help your mother in her household works.. Learn something productive from her.. Atleast that will help you in future... Because research isn't your cup of tea..

I felt more & more ashamed after hearing his words.

And Biswa I had never expected this kinda irresponsible behaviour from you. She is a blockhead but you!!! I thought you are a skilled student & you will always handle the lab with care in my absence but I guess I was wrong. You disappointed me like never before. You lost my trust.

We both didn't utter a single word & just stood there silently.

He looked at us for a moment & then said - Last chance.. I am giving a last chance to both of you. One more mistake & you both will be out of this University with red marks on your conduct certificates.

We both nodded...

Randhir sir - now get back to work...

We immediately went to our table & resumed our work.

You guys must be expecting some coupleish moment between us after that confession right.... But no man nothing such happened because our work pressure didn't let us think about anything else.