Chapter - 74

Sanyukta's p.o.v

Time passed & slowly, steadily I became more comfortable with him. Well I was always comfortable with him but now our equation has changed so we gave eachother some explicit rights & for that we needed to be comfortable with eachother...

Stealing glances, him holding my hands, my waist when we are alone became a regular thing & I was making my body accept his touch or I should say making myself familiar with his touch...

We always made sure that our secret is safe... Everything was going fine but Randhir sir's parents & family were constantly pressurising him to get married.... But everytime he somehow managed to convince his parents to let that topic go for the time being. But he knew he won't be able to avoid it forever & he told me everything...

Honestly I did not know how to react. I mean I was confused. He used to look so stressed & it used to make me feel bad but there was one thing that bothered me the most. He used to tell me about his parents' wish but he never asked me to marry him. I won't say I was ready for marriage at that time but I wanted him to atleast raise the topic.

One evening we were sipping our teas while sitting silently. I looked at him but he was just busy in admiring the street.

I could feel the tension...

Me - Randhir sir you know you can talk to me right...

He just nodded but kept mum.

Me - Did uncle-aunty again ask you about... I stopped...

He again nodded.

Me - did you fight with them?

He looked at me & sighed.

Randhir sir - just an argument..

I felt terrible hearing him..

Me - I don't know what to say Randhir sir.. I told him miserably.

He looked at me & held my hand.

Randhir sir - don't worry... I will handle everything... You just relax okay...

Me - but you look stressed-out sir & I am not liking it at all...

Randhir sir - Sanyukta you are so new to all these kinda situation. That's why you are getting worried. But trust me I have faced worse situations than this & I have always overcome it.

I nodded but somewhere I was insecure & I think my fear was clearly visible on my face.

He tugged my locks behind my ear & said

Randhir sir - you don't worry... I am alway there with you...

I smiled cos he somehow understood my unsaid worry.

We followed a regular life. Just always busy in work. We literally didn't have a personal life cos our work consumed everything...

MSc exams were approaching & we hadn't gotten holiday kinda break since a long time. So Randhir sir granted us 1 week leave cos he was going to be busy in MSc exams & also he was appointed as external for some graduation colleges under Berhampur University. So he will go there & hence asked us to go home.

I always felt comfortable travelling in train. You get the washroom to use & that was the biggest blessing in train journey. My parents asked me to come home by bus but I denied and booked the train ticket.

Train time was 10:30 p.m & that's why my parents were worried cos after 7 p.m no bus was available for the city. But I told them that one of my friends will drop me at station but in reality it was Randhir sir who was going to drop me. But obviously I did not reveal it to my parents. I felt guilty but I just didn't have the courage to say the truth since Randhir sir wasn't just my teacher by that time.