Chapter - 16

So it was decided that I won't attend the picnic....it was Saturday night and when I checked our first year's WA group I found all were talking about picnic..that when they will get up..from where day scholars will catch the bus e.tc....for a moment I regret my decision of not attending it but my reason was genuine

Because in the whole first year I was only friend with Jini and other classmates were just my classmates only...I no no we means me and jini had a very formal relationship with all of them...the main reason was I was a boarder of Mahendra Tanaya hostel and all other girsls were the boarders of Chilika hostel....so there was groupism in our class like all the Chilika boarders were a gang and all the boys of our class were also their friends only...so they used to rule the class....all the day scholars were also a gang....well I am not saying that they are bad no infact all were very supportive but it's just I never felt any kind of connection and attachment with them like I  felt with Jini and my hostel friends.....so as Jini was not coming I was sure that if I attend the picnic then I will be left alone because all will enjoy with their group of friends.....

But the strange thing is in all these not for once it striked to my mind that even Randhir sir was also going to attend it....now when I look back I realised that that time my emotions for Randhir sir were not that much strong.... otherwise I would have definitely attended the picnic just for him....but that time I didn't know that after this I will just crave for chances like hell just to get a glimpse of Randhir sir.....

One week passed....my hostel friends were also came back to hostel and now it was time for me to again go back....

I returned back...Jini and me came on the same day...when I came back.. I got to know that there was a holiday in the next day....so I cleaned my room and set my things again.....I was too tired due to long 8 hrs journey so I just slept....

Day after tomorrow me and Jini went to class and saw that the preparation for silver jubilee of our seminar was going on...and these one week there will be only preparation....there I got to know that many competitions were also held for the function and I missed all of these because I was at home...and the most heart-wrenching fact was that in all the competitions Randhir sir was the judge....the moment I got to know this I felt a sudden heaviness on my chest....I really didn't know why but I felt really really really bad.....

But then I let go of this emotion....well everything was decided...music group dance group drama group ramp walk group everything was done.... all the students were already got selected for the events and that time Jini and me realised that we didn't have any other work and we will be just the audience in the function....

Jini was sitting in the class room and was talking with Praharaj...I got bored so I came out and stood near the staircase....my mood was totally off and I didn't know why....

Then suddenly I saw somebody's glimpse and I realised that he was Randhir sir... something inside me just pulled me to go forward and I moved ahead to get his clear view....

When I finally saw him from a distance without getting noticed all the restlessness just vanished like a mist and a calm feeling took over my senses....a broad smile formed on my face.....

He was discussing something with one of the staff member of our department and I just adored him.....that moment some one inside me told me that - Sanyukta it's ok it's completely fine that we are not participating in the function....you know what if we were a part of the function then we wouldn't have got time to adore Randhir sir....so chill yaar...like us even Randhir sir will be an audience only and we will together enjoy the function also adore him to the fullest.....

My inner self convinced me... Randhir sir left from there and so I also left to my class....some students were practicing in the class...and some on terrace....