Chapter - 76

Sanyukta's p.o.v

Throughout the entire day I just breathed in anxiety. I wasn't feeling well. Somewhere I knew what must be going on at his home but still I tried my best to remain optimistic.

Everytime I looked at my phone I felt like calling him but then I prohibited myself from doing so.

I have to give him some space. Yes he needs space. He will call me when he will feel like. Thinking this somehow I passed the Sunday. But that night when I talked to my father he was sounding little bit sad. I even asked him but he said everything was fine. I couldn't even talk to my mummy cos she was busy in some work. Well that was odd cos mummy never fails to video call me on Sunday.

But I just shrugged all these thoughts. I was already dealing with a bigger problem & I didn't want to overthink about this small issue now.

That moment I just wanted to see Randhir sir, hug him & ask him what happened. But I knew I had had to wait till Monday.

Somehow that night passed. Still there was no call or message from him. I sighed & got ready for class. My heart was beating really fast & with every passing second I felt like I was going to face some really ugly situation soon.

I was feeling sick. I was feeling like just lie down & pass out. Only I know how I managed to conceal all sort of awful expressions on my face.

It was already 10:45 a.m & Randhir sir was still not here. Me & Biswa were roaming in the corridor.

Now it was 10:50 a.m but still sir didn't come. Our other faculty & students had already started their day but we two were still waiting for Randhir sir.

I was already dealing with all those terrible thoughts & now his delay made the situation worse.

Finally around 11:10 a.m Biswa received a call from sir.

He just told him that he's in A & E department which was just behind our department & he will come in 10 minutes.

Before Biswa could have enquired much he hung up.

When he told me this we didn't waste a single second & ran towards the A & E.

When we reached & entered inside and enquired about him a staff asked us to go to the dressing room.

We immediately moved & when we entered inside the room we saw Randhir sir was sitting on the bed & a staff was dressing his right hand. His sleeve was rolled up so I could see a bandage on his right elbow as well & small dot of blood mark was also visible on it.

Automatically my eyes roamed on his body & I saw another would on his right foot which was bandaged as well but the blood mark was huge on this one.

I did not know how to react at that moment. He looked at us & the moment his eyes landed on me he immediately looked away.

Not a single word was coming out of my mouth. I just stood there like a statue & Biswa did all the talking.

And Randhir sir explained us how this happened. When he was just some 60-70m away from our university gate a puppy suddenly came infront of his bike & while saving that puppy his bike slipped & he fell on his right side.

Luckily he was wearing helmet. So his head got saved. Or else nobody knows what could have happened to him.

When he fell some passers by ran to him & helped him to get up & he somehow managed to ride the bike slowly & came to A & E. His right foot was deeply injured. Literally a hole was formed on the edge & hence the freshly done bandage was wet with his blood.