Chapter - 7

Sanyukta's pov -

In the whole University only and only our Zoology department had proctorial class...in this class all the first year and second year students were randomly divided into 6 groups under 6 teachers...all the groups had both senior and junior students and once in a week all the teachers separately took the proctorial class of their respective groups in different class rooms after lunch period..in this class they used ask students about their studies and if they are having any problem wheather it's personal or academic..the teachers did this so that they can help each and every student so that their two years will pass smoothly...our teachers became our parents....I was in Snehalata mam's group..she is the senior most faculty of our department and next year she will be retired..she is very smart,composed and well trained in molecular biology...she never ever use any book..she had kept all the topics in her mind in a detailed manner...there was a rule that what ever topic we choose for seminar first we need to show that to our proctor then after his/her approval we can proceed further...then after preparing ppt again we have to show this to our proctors then if they reject then again we have to start from the beginning....well I decided that I will give seminar on "Effects of Global warming and climate change in Coral Reefs"

I asked Snehalata mam for her permission and she said this is a very good topic so prepare it carefully then show me ok...I said yes mam...

My friend Jini she was too lazy to choose a topic...so for her I had to do the honour and suggested to give seminar on "Evolution in Birds" She was in Asish sir's group....uff my stupid lazy girl...

One day when Shraddha mam was taking our class she said that - as you guys know very soon we will have a new faculty in our department and do you know guys for this post there are more than 400 application forms have come..see guys how tough the competition is..only one will get the job and others need to wait again for another chance...so just don't waste time and start working hard ok...

All - yes mam...

Me(whispered) - jini Jia b a post paaiba kete lucky au intelligent hei thiba na!!!
( Jini who ever will get this post he/she must so lucky and intelligent na!!)

Jini - han Sanyu 400 Ru Jane means se bahut brilliant hei thibe
(Yes Sanyu one in 400 means he/she must be very brilliant)
......

That day evening in my hostel...

We all were sitting near balcony and talking....

Me - oh Prangya Tama boyfriend MBBS karuchhanti very good Haan
(Oh Prangya so your boyfriend is doing MBBS very good Haan)

Prangya - haha thanks..

Preeti - by the way Sanyu what about you tame kebe kaha ku pasand Karina??
( By the Sanyu what about you tumne kabhi kisi Ko pasand nehi kiya?)

Before I could have answered Anita told - oh God kaha ku pacharuchha Preeti she is a book worm..except studies she likes nothing.. that's why in the entrance she got rank 1
( Oh God Preeti whom you are asking ..she is a book worm.. except study she likes nothing.. that's why she got rank 1 in entrance)

Me - are wait wait don't praise me so much yes I got rank one but I am neither that much intelligent nor a book worm...it is just my parents' and God's blessings that I am here today....

Mona - ok so tell us now you don't like anyone but what type of boy you want in your life???

Me - umm mu semiti kichhi kebe bhabini and ebe semiti kichhi bhabi ba ku chaheni Madhya so it's difficult..
( Umm I have never thought about this and now I even don't want to think so it's difficult to tell)

Liza - are don't worry you will get the best...

Me - haha hope so
........................

Days passed...all the seniors had already given their seminars...well in our Senior batch Prajukta di was SS ( seminar secretary) and in our batch Jyoti was our SS...in Zoology girls' strength are always higher than boys'...In our senior batch out of 29 only three boys were there and in our batch out of 50 only 11 boys were there...

It was my turn for seminar..I was the first one to give because my roll number was 1....I was too nervous but any how I composed myself and presented my ppt...

Well after seminar teachers asked me some questions then students also asked..I answered some of them and which I couldn't sir asked me to find out the answer...

Well my class mates and seniors were too lazy to ask...they were like " kya yaar kon itne saare seminar sunega hame toh bas chai and samosa main interest hai" and these used to annoy our teachers like hell...but what can they do when students are too stubborn to listen their advice....

Teacher praised my ppt and I was too happy...at night I shared this news with my family and they were also happy...
........

Next day it was November 6....

After class at 1:30 jini and me were sitting in our class and talking because it was lunch period and we didn't have anything to eat...so we started gossiping to distract our mind from the hunger...bhai kon itna pesa kharch kar k do peher Ko wo tali Hui chize khaayega...do peher toh Rice Dal Curry ka time hota hai ( In Odisha Rice is the staple food)

Palei Bhaina was the care taker of our department and he used to bring home made food for us means for hoteliers because we used to crave for home made food like maniac . He is a very kind and loving person and we used to respect him a lot...

I used to have that food but that day some other bhukad had already finished that....

So we were talking and suddenly Shraddha mam came inside the room with a bright smile...

Inside the class Me and Jini and Palei Bhaina were there and nobody else..first year class was classroom cum laboratory....

We stood up seeing mam and she excitingly asked us - are tame maane tame new teacher nku dekhila na nai??
( Did you guys see your new teacher or not???)

We - umm no mam

She smiled and said - Palei Randhir paichhi
( Palei Randhir got the post)

Palei Bhaina - Satare mam Bhala hela
                          (Really mam well it's a
                            good news)

Shraddha mam - hahaha yes saying this she left also Palei bhai got busy in his work...

Well their expression said that they very well knew our new teacher...

Jini also started writing practical and I was wondering who is Randhir sir....

TBC....

Please vote and comment

Thank you..