Chapter - 13

Next day as usual I went to class again through the short cut way...As usual I was the first one...here in Berhampur you can't go outside without an umbrella...ufff too much humidity is here...and Gopalpur beach is just 8 k.m away from us....ohh God...it takes only 5 minutes to reach department and I used my umbrella too but now I was feeling sweaty and sticky... it was winter but sun was burning like summer...uffff....I sat on the staircase and put my umbrella inside the bag... everything was calm and quiet...there was no movement in tress...only hot air was there in the atmosphere....I couldn't take it anymore...so I took out one of my notebook and used it as a portable fan... nobody was coming...it was already 10:30 a.m.... I continued my work with my eyes closed... suddenly I heard a foot step coming towards me...I thought maybe it was some student....so I didn't bother and continued my work....

But but but suddenly that person came towards me and stood infront of me and don't know why I became still with my closed eyes..

Person - aree Palei Bhaina a parjyanta
                aasi nahanti ki??
               ( Aree Palei Bhaina Abhi tak  
                  nehi aaye??)

And that's it when I recognised the voice my blood became stiff and the notebook fell down from my hand and it slid down to Randhir sir's feet......yes that person was no other than our Randhir sir.....

I hurriedly got up and looked at him and said -sorry sir.....saying this I  stepped down from the stair and was about to bend down to pick my notebook but Randhir sir showed me his palm to stop and he bent down and picked my notebook and gave it to me.....

God I was too nervous to make eye contact with him...

I lowered my face nervously and took the notebook and greeted him - Go...good morning sir.....I was literally trembling at that time....

He just nodded and again asked - Palei Bhaina a parjyanta aasi nahanti ki??
( Palei Bhaina Abhi tak nehi aaye kya?)

Me - no sir...

Randhir sir - aau pila maane kuade gale...kehi aasi nahanti a parjyanta??
(Aur saare bachhe Kahan Gaye..Abhi tak koi nehi aaya??)

Me - sir  ebe hin samaste aasibe 10:40 bhitare....
(Sir Abhi sab aa jaayenge 10:40 tak)

Randhir sir - what it's already 10:34 tathapi kehi aasi nahanti...hmm ebe mote strict heba Ku hin padiba laagi laani..
(What it's already 10:34 phir bhi koi nehi aaya Abhi tak...hmm lagta hai ab mujhe strict hona hi padega)

Saying this he left to his cabin...well his lab was under-construction so he was working in Shivam sir's lab....

Finally when Randhir sir left I took a breath of relief....God for a moment I couldn't believe what actually happened....

An unknown sensation was flowing through out my whole body....

Godddd I was smiling like fool....oh God my cheeks were paining....I just couldn't stand anymore so again sat down on the stair...

Suddenly my eyes fell on the portion of my notebook which Randhir sir had touched....I just touched that portion and smiled like a fool.....

Oh God finally for the first time I talked with Randhir sir directly.....he was looking so cute while speaking Odia... because in class he used to talk in either English or Hindi...he was looking damn good in his parrot green formal shirt and grey jeans...and I felt like he was getting more handsome day by day....

The moment again and again replayed in my mind and that smile didn't leave my face till Jini came and shook me....

Jini - oh madam kana hela....aanhaaan mane mane hasuchha j Katha kana???she asked me teasingly..
(Oh madam kya hua???? Aahaan man hi man muskura Rahi ho...baat kya hai???she asked me teasingly..)

Finally I came back from my lalala land and looked at her.

Me - oh jini you came very good but why so late today...I asked her smiling like an idiot...

Jini - late really...she glanced at her watch and then said no I am on time... it's my usual time na...

I frowned hearing her and remembered Randhir sir's face and said - what on time it's already 10:43 and see except you and me nobody has come...you know what Jini we Indians are really lazy and stupid people...we just don't have time sence...we actually don't know the importance of punctuality.....

Jini - Hein what happened to you today Sanyu?? Are you ok sweetheart...

Me - what why I am absolutely fine...but these people are stupid...see our class is on 10:30 but dekho inhhe 10:45 tak bhi koi nehi aaya hai....I said remembering how Randhir sir got annoyed when I told him about students' timing....

Jini - hmm ok ok relax

Me - what Jini I am already relaxed it's just the weather which is making me cranky....see it's too hot today....

Jini - yeah I know yaar....

After sometime all students came and class started.....
..............................

That night when I prayed to God and lied on my bed again morning's incident danced infront of my eyes....

I finally smiled showing my 32 in that dark room and don't know why I felt so shy that I closed my eyes with my hands....

I was all happy but suddenly I remembered that tomorrow is Randhir sir's class and tomorrow I will get my so called test result....

My all smile got drained out and I felt like crying but I just slept because I was too tired....

TBC...

Thank you