𝐉𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐧 𝐑𝐚𝐦𝐬𝐞𝐲

•I Still Love You•

It's officially been six months since your not so secret break-up with Jalen.
Him having been in the public eye and dating you caused you to get attention on social media and in public, you didn't mind it, not until the break-up at least.

It was a mutual break-up.
Los Angeles was great, but your heart had always belonged to the big apple, the only problem with being in New York is that your heart still belonged to Jalen...

No matter how much you tried to convince yourself you were over him, or how much you told everyone you did this so you could live your dreams... you still missed him.
You still reached for him in the middle of the night only to remember that he's not there anymore, you even catch yourself almost saying his name when you come home and have something exciting to share...

So here you are, sitting on your apartment floor, phone in hand, your finger is hovering over the call button, you know you shouldn't but you want to so bad, he'd just won a game, it felt wrong not congratulating him, but he also wasn't yours anymore...

A loud sigh escaped your lips as you watched the clouds move outside the windows, every fiber in your being is telling you to press the button, but your conscience is telling you you're starting something you won't be able to walk away from.

"Hello?" The voice came from the phone,
You didn't expect him to answer, you'd honestly expected him to have deleted your number.
"Jalen.." You sighed softly closing your eyes as you worshiped the sound of his voice, a voice you'd missed very much.
"Y/n?" He questioned.
"Yeah, it's me." You smiled eyes still closed trying to hold back tears, a mixture of happy and sad.
"How are you?" You asked him.
"I'm good, just got home, we won tonight!" He sounded excited. He was happy.
"I saw, congratulations." You laughed into the phone, your boy was happy...
He's not yours anymore, you had to remind yourself.
"Are you okay?" He asked, he knew.
"I'm great Jalen! I just wanted to congratulate you on your win." You smiled painfully.
"Thank you." He smiled on the other end.

Then there was silence, the silence of a girl holding back tears, tears of joy, tears of sadness, holding back the urge to scream I still love you.

The silence of a boy, a boy who'd missed his girl with every thing in him, but his stubbornness told him it was for the best...

"I, umm congratulations again, Jalen, I should go..." you told him letting a single tear roll down your cheek.
"Thank you..." He told you again, not wanting to hear anything further you hung up.

You didn't know how painful it'd be to hear his voice again... but all of you still loved the sound of it.

As you lied awake that night staring at the ceiling, you let your mind wander, which was a mistake.

The first thought was of Jalen, that boy really seemed to cloud your mind.
You just couldn't help yourself, you picked up your phone and found his number again...
You weren't sure if you'd regret this or not but it's now or never right?

"Y/n?" His voice questioned, almost instantly drawing you to tears.
"Jalen." You said softly.
"Hey, is everything alright?" He sounded worried.
"No" you told him truthfully.
"What's wrong?" He is worried.
"I miss you." Your voice cracked as a tear made it's way down your cheek, you pulled your knees up to your chest as you let silent tears make their way down your cheeks.
"You do?" He questioned in disbelief.
"So, so, so much." You cried to him.
"I miss you too." He told you honestly.
A small smile made its way to your lips as tears continued to fall.
"And I'm so mad at myself for leaving because I'm still in love with you and no matter how many times I say I'm not it's always a lie, Jalen I need you back..." You poured out.
The silence was loud, you were scared for his reaction, what he'd say...
"You never lost me." He told you.
A sob escaped your lips as he finished his sentence, the boy you'd been so in love with was still so in love with you, he never stopped loving you.
"You're still mine?" You asked in shock.
"You're my number one Y/n, no matter what, there was never nobody else, it was just you, you're my only girl, forever." He told you truthfully.

"Forever...?" you breathed
"Forever." He stated.

__________________________________________
-Authors Note-

To all of my Jalen (Ramsey) girlies, you are absolutely superior.

Do enjoy this imagine!

Much love, darlings.💌