𝐉𝐚'𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐫 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐬𝐞

•I'd Go Back To You•

Today is game day, for LSU and FSU.
Of course anyone who knows about college football knows that we have a huge rivalry between us.

"Y/n." My best friend sang as she walked up behind me hand in hand with her boyfriend, who is the current quarter back for our team.
"Hi y/f/n, Jordan." I nodded at the boy after greeting my friend.
"How are you?" She smiled at me as Jordan nodded.
"Well..." I trailed off.

I had a boyfriend named Ja'Marr, all the way through high-school, we were high school sweethearts, until we both got accepted into our dream college, Ja'Marr and I were in two completely different states and it wasn't working for either of us.
So we broke up, it's now been three years since I've spoken to him.
With today being game day, and me being our teams photographer... there's a chance I'll run into him.

"Y/n/n." My friend sighed pulling away from her boyfriend to pull me into a hug.
"It's his loss, besides you wanted to make it work, he just couldn't handle the best thing he's ever had." She kissed my forehead in a friendly manner.
"She's right Y/l/n, Chase is an idiot." Jordan shrugged.
"You're also rivals, you're saying that cause you don't like him." Y/f/n giggled.
The three of us fell into a small fit of laughter.

"Setting up the camera to capture your teams loss?" I heard that voice behind me.
In that moment, it felt like everything stopped, I couldn't move, I was frozen in my spot.
"Ja'Marr." I choked as I finally found the courage to speak.
"Y/n/n." He smiled at me, the same smile that still melts my heart just as it did a few years ago.
"How are you?"
"Good, I'm just setting up..." I trailed off as I continued with setting up my camera.
"To watch them lose?" He smiled innocently.
"To watch them win, hopefully I catch you fumbling the ball on film." I retorted.
"Damnnnnn." Y/f/n laughed as she walked up to me and Ja'Marr.
"I hear you, loud and clear sweets." He smirked before walking off.

"How'd it go?" Y/f/n asked once he walked away.
"He thinks we're gonna lose." I giggled as I finally finished setting up my camera.
"As if." Y/f/n scoffed before pulling me with her.

It's finally half time, FSU is winning at the moment, and I wanted nothing more than to rub it in Chase's face.
So that's exactly what I'm going to do!
"CHASE!" I called out over the bustle of sweaty boys.
Ja'Marr nodded his head towards me as he made his way to me.
"I caught you losing on camera." I smiled innocently as I held up the camera showing the photo of his Quarterback fumbling the ball.
Ja'Marr stared at me in shock.
"It's only half time, your team is shit." He shrugged, I could tell he was butthurt.

In the midst of our little dispute I realized how much I missed him, we'd always trash talk each other when our teams played each other, we were always playful, and I miss that.

"OH SHIT!" I yelled as a huge smile plagued my face, Ja'Marr Chase fumbled the ball.
And I caught it on camera.
I watched Ja'Marr pick himself up off the ground and search for me.
I didn't know he was looking for me until his eyes locked on mine, and in that moment I knew I wanted him back, I needed him back.

"Y/N!" I heard my name being shouted over the sweaty boys, I wanted away from the big crowd but my name was being called once more.
"Y/n!" Ja'Marr grabbed my arm and pulled me back into him.
"Hey.." he whispered as he noticed my shaking hands.
"Come on." Ja'Marr took my hand and led us to a secluded area.

"Breath Y/n/n, you're safe." Ja'Marr tucked a strand of hair behind my ear and laid his forehead against mine. I followed his breathing.
"Thank you."
"Don't mention it." Ja'Marr had been with me for almost every panic attack I'd had in high school, he was on of the very few people who could calm my nerves and slow my breathing.

Shortly after our moment Ja'Marr had left to go change, which left me alone to collect my thoughts.
Every bone in my body was screaming to feel his hand on mine again, to feel his forehead pressed against mine.
But I knew better than to be so desperate for his touch.

Later that evening I found Ja'Marr one last time.
"Chase!" I smiled as I stood on the sidewalk and waved him over.
"Thought you might want this, an early Christmas gift." I giggled as I handed him the printed photo of him fumbling the ball.
Ja'Marr laughed, he shook his head and held the picture up, "thank you."
"I miss you." I blurted on accident.
"Let me take you out tomorrow?" Ja'Marr smiled hopefully.
"Sure." I wanted to scream.
"See you tomorrow loser." He smirked as he pressed a quick kiss to the side of my head.
"You're never gonna let me live that down." I groaned while laughing.
Ja'Marr laughed along, "Never."

__________________________________________
-Authors Note-

This was a fun request!!
But I will say, I suck at trash-talking, so this probably sucks😭
I also don't know ANYTHING about college football so I have no clue if they were winning or losing and I had Jordan Travis as the QB cause I don't know who FSU's QB was/is.
But I hope you liked it nonetheless!

Much love🫶🏻