𝐒𝐚𝐦 𝐇𝐮𝐛𝐛𝐚𝐫𝐝

Roles Reversed•

You, Sam, and your four year old daughter had been at the park for most part of the day, allowing your daughter to have a play date with her friends.

"Mama!" Y/d/n ran up to you.
"Yes my love?" You questioned as she stopped in front of you.
"I'm tired." She sighed as she picked up her water bottle and started chugging it.
"And thirsty, please stop before you choke!" You quickly told her trying to pull the bottle away.
"It's hot!" She told you as she wiped non existent sweat from her forehead.
"It is hot." Sam laughed coming up behind the two of you.
"It's making me sleepy." She told you.
"You wanna go home?" You asked her as she sat next to you at the picnic table.
"No! I don't wanna leave!! I wanna play!" She smiled as she hopped off the table.
"I thought you were tired." Sam said.
"I am!" Your daughter told him.
"Well then let's go home and you can take a nap." You smiled down at her.
"I never said I want to go home!" She sassed laying her hands on her hips.
"Okay little miss attitude." You gave your daughter a look.
"I'm just hot and tired!" She sighed dramatically.
"And very indecisive." Sam nodded as he walked around and picked Y/d/n up.
"What does that mean?" She asked him.
"It's means you're taking too long to pick a choice and mommy's just as tired as you." Sam told his daughter.
"It just means you're having trouble choosing if you wanna go home or stay here." You laughed as you began to stand up.
"Go say bye to your friends." Sam told Y/d/n as he set her down.
She nodded quickly taking off towards the swing sets to tell her friends bye.
"I hope he's not as indecisive as you." Sam laughed as he laid his hands on your baby bump and started to lightly caress it.
"God I hope not." You joked leaning into his touch.

"Home sweet home!" Sam smiled as he got out of the car and started to unbuckle Y/d/n.
Y/d/n yawned as she stepped out of the car and drowsily made her way into the house.
"She acts like you." Sam held his laughter as he  referred to all the times you've walked into the house just like she had, since having been pregnant.
"She did come out of me." You shrugged as Sam helped you up the steps into your house.
"No doubt about that." Sam joked.
"What's that supposed to mean?" You gave him a look.
"It means, she acts exactly like you, indecisive, sassy, sleepy, the list goes on." Sam smiled as he pressed a kiss to your temple.
"I would like to argue with you, but you're unfortunately right." You sighed and pouted at Sam making him laugh.

"Y/d/n." Sam voiced as he watched her walk into your shared room.
"You alright sweetheart?" He asked her.
Y/d/n nodded as she climbed into your bed next your sleeping figure.
"Shhh daddy mommy's sleeping!" Y/d/n hissed as she lightly laid her hands over your ears to block out the noise of the running sink.
Sam laughed at the sight a lot louder than he wanted to slightly pulling you from your slumber.
"Shhh momma go back to sleep! It's okay!" Y/d/n soothed as she patted your head.
This action caused you to laugh at how nurturing she was.
"Daddy woke you up." Y/d/n was quick to tell you as she pointed to her father who was trying to hold back his laugh.
"It's alright I wasn't fully asleep anyway." You smiled at her.
She sighed in relief as she again wiped non existent sweat from her forehead again, causing you and Sam to start laughing.
"What?" She asked annoyed that she wasn't being included.
"It's nothing baby, you're just silly." Sam laughed as he walked over to the two of you and made himself comfortable.
"Do you think mama's new baby is gonna be silly?" Y/d/n asked as she laid her hands on your stomach.
"I know he will be." Sam smiled at your daughter as he too laid a hand on your stomach.
A gasp sounded from your daughter as a large smile crept onto her face.
"Mama it moved!! The baby it moved!" She started loudly.
"Hi baby!" She shouted to your stomach as she pressed her ear down onto your stomach to listen for a response.
"He didn't say hi back to me." She frowned moving away from your baby bump.
"Him doesn't like me." She sighed sadly.
"He can't talk sweetheart." Sam told her.
"Everyone can talk!" She said in disbelief.
"Not everyone." Sam told her.
"Really?" She questioned looking up at you for confirmation.
You nodded your head telling her it was true.
"Woah I never knew that." She smiled.
"So he'll never talk to us?" She asked looking back at your stomach.
"No that's not what I meant." Sam sighed looking to you for help to which you just laughed hysterically.
Y/d/n joined along as she saw the hurt expression on Sam's face.
"Y/d/n/n, how could you betray me? You've fallen to the dark side." Sam joked as your daughter continued to laugh with you.
"I'm sorry." Your daughter smiled as she quickly hugged Sam.
"I guess I forgive you." Sam sighed dramatically pulling a happy squeal from your daughter.
"Shhh!" Y/d/n quickly held her finger to her lips.
You and Sam gave her an odd look confused as to why she became quiet.
"We might wake up the baby!" She told you guys as she stared at your belly.
"How do you know he's sleeping?" You questioned her.
"Because he wasn't laughing with us!" She told you in a matter of fact tone.
"He can't, you know what, the baby is sleeping." Sam nodded giving up at trying to teach your daughter that the baby couldn't talk or laugh yet.
"She's impossible." Sam told you as he watched Y/d/n sing to your stomach.
"Yes she is, hey y/d/n/n I thought we were gonna wake the baby." You wondered.
"I'm singing him back to sleep." She smiled as she continued to sing.
You and Sam shared a look before the two of you began laughing again leaving your daughter to feel left out just as she had moments before.
"You guys never include me in your jokes!" She huffed pushing her way in between the two of you.
"You are the j-" sam was cut off.
"Don't finish that sentence Samuel." You shot him a glare.
Your daughter may be young but she was smart, she knew what sam was about to say.
"Yeah Samuel!" She smiled at you.
Sam stared at your daughter in fake hurt.
"Do you love your mom more than me?" Sam acted like he was crying.
"Daddy don't cry!" She gasped as she held onto him.
"Are you guilt tripping our daughter?" You looked to sam with narrowed eyes receiving a mischievous grin in response.
"That's why she loves me more." You smirked.
"Mama!" Your daughter gasped looking at you in shock.
"What?" You asked her.
"You can't say that!" She told you still hugging her dad.
"Why not?" You asked innocently.
"Because you'll make daddy even more sad." She told you as Sam wrapped his arms around her and pretended to cry harder.
"Look you made him cry." Your daughter sighed as she patted her dads head telling him it was okay.
"You little shit, you reversed the roles." You gave Sam a look of disbelief receiving a mischievous grin from Sam and a gasp from your daughter.
"That's a bad word!" She scolded.
"Very bad word." Sam agreed.
"I hate you." You told sam jokingly
"I love you too." Sam smirked.
"Mama you can't tell people you hate them!" Your daughter scolded once more earning an unamused look from you.
"Oh I love you so much." You gave Sam a fake smile.
Your daughter smiled at the interaction as she pulled the two of you in for a hug.
"I love you guys so much." She sighed contently.
You and Sam shared bright smiles before Sam answered for the both of you.
"And we love you baby."

__________________________________________
-Authors note-

Okay, I don't know if this is good or not, I kind of have mixed feelings, let me know what you all think!

Enjoy My Loves.🩷