𝐂𝐉 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐝

•Gingerbread Cove•

My favorite time of the year is Christmas, I love everything about it! The lights, the Christmas trees, ugly sweaters, candy canes, hot chocolate, and gingerbread houses! Which are my absolute favorite, every year growing up my family and I would take a night to build gingerbread houses and decorate them in the way we wanted.

However that's all changed since I've moved to Texas with my boyfriend. I do miss the tradition a lot, but I guess it's time to make new ones...

"What're you thinking about bub?" CJ asked as he walked up behind me and laid his hands on my waist.
CJ sat his chin on my shoulder and pressed a kiss to the side of my face.
"Christmas."
CJ chuckled, "Are you?"
"Mhm."
"What about Christmas?"
"Gingerbread houses," I frowned.
"Why the sad face baby?"
"Just miss my family is all," I flashed a small smile.
"You can go home, if you'd like Y/n."
I shook my head no, "No, I'm staying here with you, I wanna spend Christmas with you."
"Are you sure?"
"I'm sure. I wanna spend all my future Christmas's with you, CJ."
CJ smiled, pressing another kiss to my neck.

After my little moment with CJ earlier I decided to take a nap. Try and sleep off the sadness I was feeling, and it worked! But now I can't find CJ.

"You're awake!" I heard CJ's voice.
I looked up from my phone and smiled, "there you are!"
CJ smiled at me, "come here," he held out his hand.
I raised my eyebrow and took his hand, following him out of the room.
"Where are we going?"
"The kitchen."
"The kit- what's in the kitchen?"
"A surprise."
"What're you up to Stroud?"
CJ turned around and smirked at me, "You'll see."

Ginger bread houses. The entire counter was covered in bowls of different candies, icing in all sorts of colors, and ginger bread houses.
"I talked to your mom, she said it's tradition."
A small smile began to form on my face as I took in the array of colorful sugar filled candies.
"This, CJ thank you!" I wrapped my arms tightly around his waist.
"Anything to make my girl happy," he whispered.
I smiled, my face buried in his chest, my arms holding him tight.
"I love you, thank you." I kissed the corner of his mouth.
CJ laughed as I ran off towards the counter.

The rest of the evening was spent creating the most colorful and chaotic gingerbread village.
It was huge, the house was built with a long walk way leading to the door, there were so many candies on it I couldn't even tell you which ones we used. The colors were so chaotic. It was the perfect ginger bread house.

"What should we call our masterpiece?" CJ smiled.
"Gingerbread Cove," I smiled as I admired the house.
"I love it," CJ wrapped his arms around my waist and stared ahead at the mess we created.
"We made a big mess," I giggled.
"We'll deal with it tomorrow," he kissed my shoulder.
I nodded my head and turned around to face him, "thank you again CJ, it means a lot to me."
"I'll do anything to see you happy Y/n/n."
"You're so perfect, I love you."
"I love you more."
"That's physically impossible CJ."
"It's possible because I'm taller, so there's more room in my body to love you."
"Smartass."

________________________________________________
-Authors Note-

Hi loves! I hope you've all been doing well! I've missed you all so much! I apologize for being so inconsistent with updating, it's nearing Christmas break which means I'm getting more school work than usual, and my motivation has been very low to write lately.

So I apologize for that, but I have a few ideas that I'll hopefully write over the next few days, but if not they'll be out eventually.

I love CJ so much, I haven't seen many, if any stories about him, so enjoy this!! And tell me your Christmas traditions in the comments!!❄️

Much love!🤍