𝐉𝐨𝐞 𝐁𝐮𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐰

•Spider•

It'd been a long day, it was filled with attending meetings and press conferences that I did not want to attend, Joe didn't want to either, Joe absolutely hated the press conferences but it's all a part of his job so we had no choice, well technically I could've stayed home but Joe convinced me to go with him so he didn't have to bare it alone.

"I hate press conferences." Joe groaned from the driver seat.
"If you say that one more time, I swear Joe." The amount of times he's said this since we've left is ridiculous.
"Why are you so grumpy?"
"You just dragged me through hours of meetings and press conferences."
Joe looked at me with an apologetic look, I didn't mean to lash out on him but I'm tired and hungry.
"I'm sorry." He spoke softly.
Now I feel bad, I didn't mean to be so mean.
"Can we get food? I'm starving."
Joe nodded his head, I knew he was upset and just as tired as I was, and yes I did feel bad for being so mean but until I have food in my body I don't think I can pretend to be nice.

"I'm sorry for being so mean earlier." Can you tell I've eaten something?
"It's alright."
"No I was really mean and I know I hurt your feelings." I grabbed ahold of Joe's hand and pressed a kiss to the back of it.
"Well I'm sorry for dragging you through hours of meetings you didn't want to attend." He laughed grabbing my hand and doing the same to me as I'd just done to him.
"You bought me food to make up for it, I forgive you." I giggled.
Joe laughed shaking his head as he watched me stuff my face with French fries.
"I know I'm just too hard to resist but can you not watch me shove handfuls of fries in my mouth."
"You said it yourself, you're just to hard to resist."
"Even when you're shoving handfuls of fries in your mouth." Joe smiled.
"Thank you?" He's so weird sometimes, but you've gotta love him.

I was in the bathroom drying off i'd just gotten out of the shower and I heard Joe scream.
"Joe?" I called
"Y/n! Help!" He yelled I heard a crash in the bedroom, what the hell is he doing.
"Joe what are you-" I opened the door to find joe standing on the bed with a shoe in his hand, and a stack of books scattered on the floor.
"Are you okay?" He looked pale.
"There is a spider." He whispered pointing to the pile of books.
"Babe, a spider?" He was doing all this over a spider?
"Yes." He breathed heavily.
"Kill it please." He whined.
"Joe, you're a 6'4, 215 pound football player." I've never seen him act this way before.
"So?"
"Joe, it's a baby spider." I giggled, this was too funny.
Out of the corner of my eye I saw the spider slowly start to move and Joe's face morphed into one of absolute terror.
"KILL IT!" Joe screamed at me tossing me the shoe he'd had in his hand.
"Stop yelling at me!"
Joe looked at me apologetically.
"I'm sorry but please kill it before it gets away."
I swear he was on the verge of tears.
"Okay, there it's dead." I smiled softly showing him the dead spider.
Joe's entire body posture relaxed, the color came back to his face and he collapsed on the bed letting out a huge sigh of relief.
"Baby, that was very dramatic, do you have some sort of traumatic experience with spiders?"
"I just don't like them."
"What would you have done if I wasn't here?"
"Move out." He had the most serious look on his face.
"Joe." I laughed, I couldn't stop laughing the whole situation was so funny, on the field he's a big bad football player but when no one's around he's on the verge of tears because there's a spider in our house.
"Laugh all you want." Joe scoffed turning away from me.
"Okay Mr.grumpy pants." I laughed pulling him backwards into me.
"Where's my thanks for saving you from the spider?"
"Thank you for saving my life." He smiled thankfully up at me.
I couldn't help the large smile on my face as I held eye contact with Joe and admired him, it's the things like him being afraid of a spider that make me fall more and more in love with him.

_________________________________________
-Authors note-

That was a bad ending, but I didn't know how to end it.
I wrote this in 1st person, do you guys like 1st person or 2nd person better?

Enjoy My Loves.🩷