𝐃𝐞𝐧𝐳𝐞𝐥 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐝

•Staring At You•

Denzel and I have been talking for five months now, and tonight is our first date, I've been filming a movie the past five months so we haven't had the chance to actually meet up and go out, but tonight I was free as was he and he offered to take me out somewhere.
So of course I said yes, I'm not sure where we're going though, he left that part out, guess we'll see.

A UFC fight, my first date with this guy and he brought me to a UFC fight...
I'm not sure what I was expecting but it sure as hell wasn't this, I don't know why I'm complaining though, Denzel looks so excited to be here, and honestly his excitement and happiness is making me happy so let me stop complaining.

"We can sit up here." Denzel pointed to the front row, I'm kind of scared, this is my first time ever being to a UFC fight let alone front row seats.
"C'mon you'll be alright sweetheart." Denzel laid his hand on the small of my back and guided me towards our seats.
If I hadn't had his hand guiding me I'd probably still be stood in the middle of the isle, he called me 'sweetheart' that's new and it's giving me butterflies.

We haven't been here long, but we've been here long enough for me to know that a UFC fight is definitely not my scene.
I didn't want to say anything to Denzel because he seemed so excited to be here but I'm so uncomfortable.

"What's wrong sweetheart?" Denzel leaned over and whispered in my ear.
"Nothing." I gave him a small smile and looked back towards the ring.
"Something's wrong, your legs bouncing 80 miles per hour, what's wrong Y/n?" Denzel laid his hand on my thigh and used his thumb to caress the bare skin that was showing through the rips
In my jeans.
"This just isn't my scene, I don't know it's stupid just ignore me." I tried to brush him off, I didn't want to ruin his fun.
"We can leave, we can go get something to eat." He offered and began to stand up.
"No Denzel! I'm fine, or I will be we can stay!" I really didn't want to be the reason he leaves.
"Hey, you have anxiety Y/n, and I'm not gonna keep you here if you're uncomfortable." Denzel held his hand out for me to grab onto and he led the way out of the arena.

"You want to go back to your place? Or mine, or we could grab something to eat?" Denzel started listing things we could do.
"Something to eat sounds good." I still feel really bad for making him leave.
"Alright." Denzel smiled at me and began to back out of the parking lot.

"I feel really bad for making you leave." I sighed as I took a sip of my water.
"I don't." That shocked me I dropped my menu and stared at him dumbfounded.
"What do you mean you don't feel bad?"
"I don't feel bad for leaving, because I'm still hanging out with you." Denzel shrugged it off like it was nothing, I was too stunned to speak.
"Are we ready to order?" The waitress came up to us.
I watched Denzel order his food, I don't know why I was so shocked by his words, I guess part of me thought we'd go out and it would be the only time we go out.

"You know it's not nice to stare?" Denzel laughed as I continued to stare at him as we waited for our food.
"Sorry." I looked away with red cheeks.
"You're fine sweetheart, I like staring at you too." I felt my heart do a backflip, the nick name, he's got my heart beat skipping down 16th avenue.
"I'm glad we ditched the fight." Denzel broke the silence.
"You are?"
"I am, because there we would've been watching a fight, not conversing, getting to know each other, but here, i can stare at the beautiful sight in front of me and I can listen to her talk." Denzel finished with a large smile.
"You're too sweet."I spoke in awe of everything he'd just said.
"I bet I am." He smirked, I'd been so in awe of his words that it took me a second to register the cocky reply he'd had.
"Well you're welcome." I rolled my eyes playfully at him.
"Thank you, for showing up tonight, and letting me stare at you." He laughed.
"You're welcome?" I laughed as my response came out as a question.

There we sat just the two of us, in a corner booth at a small diner, in our own little world just our laughs echoing off the walls and our smiles radiating off of each other.

__________________________________________
-Authors Note-

And another request😋

So, I finished my exams, now there's two weeks of school left and honestly I cannot wait for this school year to be over😭

I'm still gonna have slow updates just because school is so hectic the last few weeks, but I will have all your requests out soon!!

Enjoy bbys😚🩷