𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐧 𝐃𝐢𝐠𝐠𝐬

For The Better•

For so long everything was so perfect, it felt like true love...

"STEFON!" You shouted as you ran out onto the field.
"You did it baby! You did it!" You smiled widely as you jumped into his arms.
"I did." He laughed feeling emotional.
"I love you." You planted a kiss on his nose
"I love you." You planted another on his forehead.
"Holy shit I love you." You giggled as you pressed a kiss to his lips.
"I love you more." He laughed holding you as tight as he could.

No one could understand where things went wrong, the two of you were such a happy couple, you were a match made in heaven.

"You're very cheesy." You laughed as Stefon buried his head into your neck.
"Only for you." His voice muffled.
"Only for me." You repeated a smile grazing your lips as you held onto him.

Every post was so hypnotizing, the way you looked at each other.
The way you'd speak of each other.
It couldn't have been described as anything other than love...

"You know that song that's like 'shout it from the roof tops?" You asked Stefon as you sat on his lap your arms wrapped around his neck.
"I think so." He gave you a confused smile.
A smirk made its way to your face as you let out a small laugh getting up.
"What're you doing?" Stefon asked slightly worried.
"Telling the world how much I love you!" You smiled as you made your way up the stairs to your shared bedroom.
"Y/n?" Stefon laughed as he followed you.
You turned around as you opened the balcony door and gave him a mischievous smile.
"I LOVE YOU STEFON DIGGS." You yelled out over the balcony getting odd looks from passerby's walking the streets.
"AND YOU'RE THE BEST THING THAT'S EVER HAPPENED TO ME!" You continued as Stefon stared at you in awe.
"FOREVER, I'LL LOVE YOU FOREVER!" You smiled as you closed your eyes and breathed in the feeling Stefon's arms wrap around your waist.
"Forever." He whispered in your ear.
"And always." You finished.

But now you're here, in a puddle of tears, thoughts running wild of what went wrong, where did the relationship start to disintegrate...
When did he started to fall out of love...

"I wanna be in love with you forever." Stefon said to himself  as he watched you dance around the kitchen in his T-shirt.

You were supposed to love each other forever...

"I never wanna know what it's like to not be in love with you." You cried softly as you held Stefon's hand in your own.
"You won't have to." He smiled at you.
"Pinky promise?" You smiled cheekily eyes lighting up.
"Pinky promise." He smiled as he connected your pinkies and kissed you.

He promised...
But here you are, broken promises, broken hearts, tear stained faces, shattered memories.
'What happened to forever?' You thought as you stared at the photos stuck to the walls where so many beautiful things had happened.
The house felt like heaven and hell.
The ghost of you and Stefon dancing everywhere.
The whispers of 'I love you' sounding from the pillows on the bed.
The laughs of two people in love sounding from the kitchen.
The wind causing an echo of your voice shouting "I love you Stefon Diggs."
The rustle of leaves causing the faintest "forever" that he'd whispered that night.

"Why haven't you guys gotten married yet?" A teammate asked as he watched you and Stefon laugh at an inside joke with each other.
"We don't need to be married to prove our love to each other." You smiled adoringly at Stefon as he admired you.
"What she said." Stefon smiled wider lost in your eyes.
"They're so in love it's sickening." Josh groaned as he pretended to throw up.
"You won't be saying that when you find someone who makes you feel this way." You smiled at him as you held Stefon's hand in your own.

Clearly something went wrong, and you're wondering what you did, was it your fault? Did you do something? Why'd he leave? After three of the happiest years of your lives... what happened to all the dancing, the laughing, the giggling, the cheesy responses, the love in his eyes, the secrets shared, what happened?

"This is a must dance, must sing!" You shouted over the music as 'you belong with me' played through the speakers at the bar.
"I agree!!" Josh shouted as he let you drag him up towards the microphone.
Stefon laughed as he shook his head watching his best friend and girlfriend drunkenly make their way up to sing karaoke.
"Stef! This one's for you!" Josh smiled Wildley as he threw an arm around you while you nodded as the song started.
The two of you sang your hearts out up on the stage, quite terribly but you were having fun.
Stefon sat back as he watched you intently, admiring every movement your body made, every sound that came out of your mouth, he admired the beauty of you.
His forever...

Forever is a long time.. something you'd assumed you'd spend with Stefon, but that wasn't true anymore, you'd spend the rest of forever without him.

"How long is forever?" You asked Stefon as you laid on the bed head resting on his chest.
"For as long as I'm with you." He smiled at you.
You looked up at Stefon with a wide smile on your face.
"That was smooth." You laughed as you kissed the corner of his mouth.
"Smooth moves." He laughed with you.
"Always." You smiled as you returned to your previous position.

A break-up hurts, but hearing the boy you've loved for so long tell you he fell out of love with you... hurt is an understatement.
Answers.. that's what you want, to know why? So you can feel at peace with yourself... to know if it's your fault or not...

"Y/n/n." Stefon talked softly as he leaned against the doorframe.
"Yes?" You asked with a small smile as you turned around.
"Can we talk?" He asked you in a serious tone.
"Yeah." You whispered as you moved to sit next to him on the bed.
"I've been distant lately." He started, taking in a deep breath.
"Mhm." You hummed signaling him to continue.
"I can't keep leading you on like this." He told you looking away, he couldn't stand to watch your heart break.
"Leading me on?" Your voice came out squeaky.
"I can't do this anymore." He said as you stared at him in disbelief.
"Can't do what anymore Stefon?" You asked your tone just as serious as his.
"Us." He sighed sadly.
"Why.." You tried but the tears took over.
"I'm sorry, I can't anymore." He snuck a glance your way his heart breaking at the sight.
"You can't just be done without a reason." You cried.
"I don't love you anymore..." He admitted.
You choked, air caught in your throat as more tears spilled.
"You what?" Your voice cracked.
"I fell out of love." He stood heading for the door he couldn't stand to watch you crumble.
"I'm sorry." His voice cracked as he walked out the door.
"You can't!" You shouted as you ran after him.
"You can't leave me, Stefon please!" You cried as you watched him grab his essentials...
He was really leaving.
"I have to." He told you as he reached for the door.
"Please, Stefon, what about forever?" You asked his heart was breaking just as yours was.
"It's over." He nodded leaving.
You stared at the door in shock, you couldn't move, your feet were glued to the floor staring at the spot where the boy who'd taught you how to love again stood only seconds ago.
You broke, falling to your knees in tears, hitting the floor with a loud thump as sobs escaped your throat.

That was a year ago... a year ago today, the man of your dreams left you on your living room floor in a river of your own tears...
And even now you were sitting in that same spot... crying like you were that night a year ago.
You'd never gotten closure as to why he did what he did, but you did find peace, you found a purpose for living, living a life without him.
It hurt every damn day with the smallest things reminding you of him, but you didn't cry over them anymore, you looked at them and smiled remembering the good times you'd had with him, you weren't even angry at him for what he'd done because you know it was for the better.

__________________________________________
-Authors note-

Oh my gosh... this is so sad, I didn't know I was capable of writing something like this... I am so sorry, reading/writing this made me cry.

Enjoy My Loves.🩷