𝐉𝐚'𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐫 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐬𝐞

Don't Let Me Go This Time•

I sat in my room, in front of my vanity. I'm currently doing my makeup for my date with Ja'Marr. We saw each other at the FSU versus LSU game a month and a half ago, but we've not been able to find time to meet for a date. I've been so unbelievably busy with school and photography, and Ja'Marr's been busy with football. Therefore the two of us have only been texting, but today is the day.
It's finally the day Ja'Marr takes me out on our first date...

Marr💘
I'm on my way, you ready?

My face lit up at the chime of my phone, lately whenever I receive a message from Ja'Marr I feel all excited and warm inside.

Y/n
Almost! Just have to get my shoes.

Marr💘
Take your time sweetheart ;)

I giggled out loud at the pet name. I immediately facepalmed at my childlike behavior over a text. I feel like a twelve year old girl again, kicking my feet and twirling my hair over a boy calling me pretty.

"Y/N!" My roommate shouted through our shared apartment.
"YES?" I called back, I was just fixing my hair a bit.
"Ja'Marr is here," she smirked in my doorway.
"He is?" I inhaled sharply, suddenly feeling very nervous.
"He is," she continued to smirk. I rolled my eyes.
"How do I look?" I asked her, doing a small spin.
"You look gorg babes." She stated.
"Thanks." I laughed.
I grabbed my bag and headed towards the door, r/n followed behind me.

I pulled the door open, smiling the second I saw Ja'Marr.
"Good evening," he held a bouquet of white roses out towards me.  "Thank you," I smiled in awe at them.
Ja'Marr nodded, he smiled politely at my roommate, even though she was glaring him down.
"Be back by ten." She stated firmly. I laughed aloud at her firmness. "Absolutely not, mom." I joked with her.
"Have fun kids," she laughed. "But not too much fun."

"How have you been?" Ja'Marr asked as he wrapped his arm around me. "Good, but busy." I sighed slightly as we counted towards the parking lot. "School work?" He asked. I nodded my head. "You'll be alright, you've always been the smartest girl I know." He smiled and squeezed my shoulder lightly.
"Thank you, Marr." I smiled at the ground. "mmm" he hummed in response.

"You ready?" Ja'Marr asked me with an excited smile. I smiled back at him, "Yes!"
Ja'Marr got out and walked towards my side of the car, "such a gentlemen Marr." I giggled. "Anything for my lady." He smirked as he grabbed my hand and helped me out of his car.
"Thank you," I smiled sincerely.

Back when Ja'Marr and I started dating we were just idiot teenagers. We had no clue of what we wanted or who we wanted to be, we didn't know what love was. Ja'Marr was never much of a romantic back when we dated, but he's changed and I can see it in everything he does. It's a good change.

"Where are we?" I asked Ja'Marr. He said nothing but he grabbed my hand and laced our fingers together, of course it made me smile so wide my cheeks ached. "You'll see."
I raised an eyebrow at his vague response.

I gasped as we walked into a large restaurant. The ceilings were lined in fairy lights, they lit up the entire place, small plants were littered around making the place look like an endless fairy garden. I smiled so widely at the gorgeous sight in front of me. "Penny for your thoughts?" Ja'Marr whispered. "It's beautiful." I whispered back.

Ja'Marr and I followed a waiter, he led us up a stair case that led to a roof top. The roof top was also strung in large fairy lights, plants, outside plants were sat around the outside. A few people were sat at tables with white table cloths and plates filled with delicious looking food.

Ja'Marr pulled out my chair and stepped aside for me to sit, once I was seated he pushed me in and made his way to the other side of the table.
"May I start you off with a drink Mr.Chase?" The waiter asked. "A Pepsi." He spoke. "And for the lady?" The waiter turned towards me, "Lemonade, please." I smiled politely. The waiter nodded and turned away from us, walking back down the stairs.

"Where are we Marr?" I asked as I sipped on my lemonade.
"I found it online, I know how much you like plants." He smiled as he held one of my hands in his. "Do you?"
Ja'Marr nodded. "How so?"
"In high school, your mom banned you from buying plants. Because you had so many." He chuckled as he reminisced on the time I'd been banned from buying plants.
"You remember?" I raised an eyebrow.
"Of course I remembered, Y/n." He smiled softly.
"I remember a lot of things." He added.
I breathed out slowly as I took in his words. I hadn't realized how much I missed him, how much he still made me feel.

"Thank you," I smiled widely at Ja'Marr as we stood in front of my apartment door.
"You're welcome, Y/n."
"I mean it, I had a lot of fun." I stepped towards him.
"I'm glad."
I wrapped my arms around his neck, standing on my tippy toes. Ja'Marr wrapped his arms around my waist and lifted me off the ground slightly.
"I've missed you." He whispered in my ear and he held me in the hug.
I buried my head in his neck and wrapped my legs around his waist.
"Stay with me, tonight..." I swallowed.
"Are you sure?"
"Please," I whispered, looking into his eyes.
Ja'Marr nodded, he let me go to unlock the apartment door.
I grabbed his hand and quietly led him through the apartment and towards my bedroom.

I laid in Ja'Marr's arms, holding onto his shirt while his arms wrapped around my body.
"Don't let me go this time." I whispered as my eyes drooped shut.
"I wouldn't dream of it."

_______________________________________________
-Authors Note-

Hi loves!

This is part II to "I'd go back to you" for everyone who wanted a part II. So I hope you all enjoy!!

Much love!🤍