𝐁𝐫𝐨𝐜𝐤 𝐏𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐲

Exhausted•

I'm a full time woman's basketball photographer, which means, where ever they go, I go.

I adore my job, don't get me wrong. However, the first week, and the last week of the season are always the most hectic, there's so many photos that need to be taken, the ones of our new players, and our old, photos of the team together, the coaches, head shots and body shots, all sorts of photos that have to be taken.

Today is officially the last day of the season, which means once I leave tonight's game and I edit these photos and send them to admin, I will be on a flight back to San Francisco Sunday morning.

I've not seen my husband for the past two weeks due to traveling and such with the girls, I must say, it gets tough not being with him 24/7 like I am in the basketball off season, but I've gotten used to it.

"Holy moly, I'm so exhausted." I blew out a breath of air as I pulled my suit case behind me.
I didn't tell Brock I was coming home today, he thinks I'm coming home Tuesday, I wanted to surprise him!

"Guess who." I spoke softly as I held my hand over Brock's eyes.
"There's no way." He said shocked, jumping from the couch and spinning to face me.
"Holy shit! Y/n! I thought you weren't coming home til Tuesday!" Brock jumped over the couch and picked me up spinning me around.
"I lied, I had a flight scheduled for this morning, I wanted to surprise you!" It felt so good to be in the arms of my husband again, words can not describe how much I've missed this man.
"I've missed you so much baby." He spoke softly as he held me in the position he's been holding me in for the last five minutes.

"I've got popcorn, skittles, gummy bears, and those cookies you like! And the rest are in the kitchen." Brock came out of the kitchen with arms full of snacks.

Brock suggested we make a huge bed out of the couch and cuddle up with snacks of all sorts and binge watch The Walking Dead.

"You're so sweet." I smiled up at Brock as he made himself comfortable behind me so I could sit in-between his legs.
"Yes you are." He smirked as I rolled my eyes at him.
"Shut up! You never take my compliments." I laughed.
"Because you deserve all the compliments in the world." He shrugged wrapping his arms around my waist.
"I love you!" I giggled.
"And I love you baby." He smiled happily.

Although my schedule was hectic and crazy, as is Brock's during the season, we still made and still make time for each other, to let our guards down and sink into each other. He's my happy place as I am his.

__________________________________________
-Authors Note-

That was a bad ending, but I wanted to get something out, I've been so inactive but I have no motivation to write, and when I do my mind is completely blank, I have severe writers block.

Hopefully it goes away soon because I do miss being active and writing, until then thank you all so much for all the reads and votes and so on and so forth.

Much love🩷