𝐃𝐞𝐧𝐳𝐞𝐥 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐝

•Stars•

I gasped in surprise as I walked out of the grocery store, since fall the sun has been setting at like 5:30 and usually the sky is cloudy after dark, but tonight it was clear.
The moon was shining so brightly it was blinding, and the stars, they were the clearest I've ever seen them, the were quite literally twinkling.

"Y/n!" If it weren't for Denzel I'd have stared at the sky til morning.
"What're you looking at?"
I smiled pointing up towards the sky.
Denzel's eyes followed my finger.
"Holy shit." He whispered under his breath.
"Yeah." I nodded awe struck.
"As much as I'd love to stand here and watch the sky with you, we can't."
I sighed nodding my head and following Denzel to the car.
We'd been at the grocery store, it was light when we went it and dark when we came out.

Denzel and I unloaded the grocery's, Denzel did most of it, he never really let me grab the groceries, always says he's got muscles for a reason.

"I'll put them away." I smiled as I walked into the kitchen behind him.
"I can help." He told me.
"It's okay, I'll be fine." Denzel nodded Wryly before walking off.

"D?" I'd finished putting the groceries away five minutes ago, I've been looking for Denzel since.
"Denzel!" I've looked everywhere.
"Den-" I was cut off by the sound of the back door slamming shut.
"There you are!"
"What were you doing outside?"
Denzel smiled mischievously at me as he held his hand out.
"Close your eyes."
"I don't trust that."
"Just do it."
"I'll trip on something."
"No you won't, I won't let go of you."
"Fine." God only knows what he's about to do.

I let Denzel guide me to wherever it was he was taking me, I knew we were outside but I didn't know why.

It was peaceful, even with my eyes being covered by Denzel's hand, the silence that came with the night sky, it was peaceful.

"Okay." Denzel whispered, it seemed like he was afraid to break the silence of the night.
I didn't blame him.
"D." I giggled softly.
In front of me laid a large blanket, pillows as well, snacks, and Denzel'a favorite hoodie.
"What's all this for?" It was cute but surely he didn't want us to sleep out here, we'd freeze.
"We have some stars to watch." He simply shrugged placing himself down on the blanket.
I nodded slowly sitting down.
"Why is there pillows?"
"We might fall asleep." He shrugged again.
A smiled widely, I've always talked about sleeping under the stars, I didn't know he actually listened.
"Here." He handed me the hoodie.
My smile widened, he cherished this hoodie, I'd worn it very few times, however he didn't let anyone sleep in it, he himself didn't even sleep in it.
"Aww D, you're too sweet."
"Anything to make my girl happy." He chuckled pulling me into his chest.
"I'm the happiest I can be."
"I always am when I'm with you."
I was always happy with him, he made my life worth living.
Denzel pressed a light kiss to my head and laced our hands together.
"I'm happiest with you too."

For the next five minutes there was a comfortable silence that surrounded us, just the wind whistling.
It was the most peaceful i've felt in a while, life had been crazy busy lately, so this was much needed.

"I love you Y/n."
I smiled, that's the first time he's ever said that to me, I wanted to make a big deal out of it, but I liked the silence that surrounded us, I'll freak out about it tomorrow.
"I love you Denzel."

__________________________________________
-Authors Note-

Denzel Ward is quite literally one of the most beautiful men to roam this earth.

Enjoy My Loves.🩷