𝐉𝐚'𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐫 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐬𝐞

•Found My Way Back•

This is my first time going to a Bengals game since Ja'Marr and I broke up one year ago.
I didn't choose to go willingly, my best friend has recently started dating Tee Higgins, so she wanted to come and support him today, but she didn't want to come alone, so she decided to drag me along.

The two of us walked hand and hand into the stadium, her wearing a Higgins jersey and some ripped jeans, and I'm wearing a pair of leggings with a Bengals hoodie, it's not even mine, it's one that Marr had left at my place.

I took a deep breath as I took in the stadium, it was odd being back here, I've not been here in a year, but it feels like decades.
It brought back so many memories and moments, whether they were spent with the team or Marr.

"Are you alright?" F/n asked me as she watched me get teary eyed.
I thought I was ready to come back, but I don't think I am, I don't think I'll ever be, not without Marr.

We broke up because Ja'Marr's football schedule became too much, he was so absent in our sexual and romantic relationship that it caused fights between us all the time.
So we broke up.

"I'm okay!" I lied, I'm not okay, I'm well, I don't know what's wrong.
I just keep expecting him to jump out from behind me and hold me, hold me until he's yelled at by Zach to get his ass down there.
But that's not gonna happen, it hasn't for a while.

"Y/n/n, I'm sorry, I should've thought about how you'd feel seeing Ja'Marr again." She frowned.
Then mention of his name stung.
"I'm okay f/n/n! I'm just taking it all in, it's been so long." I wasn't completely lying.
F/n nodded her head, she still looked guilty.

Tee got hurt, we don't know how, or what happened, but he's out, and F/n is freaking out.
So I'm currently holding her hand as we walk down to the locker rooms, that's where Tee told us to meet him.

"Thank you." F/n frowned as we entered the tunnel leading to the locker rooms.
"For?"
"Walking with me, coming here." She sighed, she felt guilty, and I could tell.
"I promise it's okay." I reassured, she was so afraid for Tee.

"I'm sorry." She finally whispered, I was so confused, I don't understand why she's apologizing.
"What?"
"You need to talk to him." She sighed as she chewed on her lip nervously.
I was about to ask who, until I heard his voice.
"I'm sorry y/n/n." She frowned as she leaned into Tee as he finally made his way to us.
I shook my head and sighed, of-course I'll forgive her eventually, but as of right now, I'm pissed.

"Y/n?" His voice questioned.
"Hi." I squeaked out, it was small and shy.
"Hi, I didn't know you were here." He breathed as he ran his hand through his hair.
"Umm." I choked, I didn't think seeing him would hurt so much.
"Y/n." Ja'Marr stepped closer, taking my hand in his.
"Hmm?"
"You said if I made my way back to you, you'd let me start over." I did say that.
"Let me start over." He spoke staring down at me.
I'd let my tears fall by now, but I still couldn't form words.

Ja'Marr wiped my tears away, even though everytime he wiped one away another would appear.
"I found my way back to you." He whispered, even though Tee and F/n had surely set this up, he did make his way back, so it had to mean something.

"I can't promise I'll be perfect, but I'll do my best." He whispered pressing a kiss to my forehead.
"Let's start over." I finally spoke.
Ja'Marr nodded, a small smile held on his lips, I've missed that smile so much, so of-course I smiled back.
"My favorite smile." He slid his thumb across my bottom lip.
"I love you." I whispered.
"What a way to start over." He chuckled.
"The love was never lost Marr."
"Never?"
I shook my head, no.
"I love you more."

________________________________________
-Authors Note-

Mr.7/11

I feel like this is really bad, but I hope you like it!

Much love!🩷