𝐉𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐧 𝐇𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐬

How I Met Your Mother•

You and Jalen were sat on either side of your six year old daughter tucking her in for bed.
"Good night my love." You smiled as you placed a kiss on her head.
"Wait!" She sat up as she reached for your arm.
"Hmm?" You asked her.
"Please can you tell me a story?" She asked giving you puppy dog eyes.
"No sweetheart, you've got school in the morning, I've already let you stay up an hour later than usual." You ruffled her hair.
"Pleaseee mommy!" She begged putting her hands together and pouting.
You could deny her pleading look, Jalen, however, could not.
"Mommy, just one story." Jalen asked as he sat next to his daughter.
"One story, and then to bed." You sighed as you took a seat at the edge of her bed.
"For both of you." You added looking at Jalen.
"Yes Ma'am." He nodded.
"Oh thank you mommy! You're the best!" Your daughter hugged you.

"Okay, tell me how you and mommy met!!" She smiled at her father as she laid back down.
"He told you that story last night." You said looking at your daughter.
"I know! But it's magical!!" She smiled with a twinkle in her eyes.
"It's magical! Leave her alone." Jalen smiled widely.
You rolled your eyes at him as you laid back on the bed and listened to Jalen tell the story of you two meeting.

You were making your way onto the rollercoaster alone, your date had ditched you and your best friend was no where to be found.
"Is this seat taken?" Someone asked from beside you.
"No." You gave the boy a small smile.
He nodded his head as he stepped in and sat down next to you.
"I'm Jalen." He flashed you a gorgeous smile.
"Y/n." You nodded shaking his outstretched hand.
"Pretty name for a pretty girl." He smiled.
"Thank you." You looked away as a small tint of red hung over your cheeks.
"You were just gonna ride this all alone?" Jalen asked trying to keep the conversation going.
"Well I was planning on going with a boy or my best friend, but I can't find her and my date ditched me." You told him as you felt the ride begin to move.
"His loss." Jalen smirked.
You gave Jalen a look, admiring him as the rollercoaster moved.
"His loss?" You questioned.
"Yeah." Jalen nodded before the rollercoaster dropped pulling a scream from you.
"holy shit!" You yelled as the rollercoaster slowed again.
"My life just flashed before my eyes." You sighed dramatically.
Jalen was sat next to you laughing at your reaction.
"It's not funny!" You smiled.
"Sorry." He stoped laughing trying to hold it in.
There was a silence between the two of you for a good five seconds as you stared at each other before you both began laughing hysterically.
"Oh my god, you should've seen your face!" Jalen cried as you exited the ride.
"Was it that bad?" You laughed.
"I can't wait to see the photo!" He continued laughing.
You stood back as you watched him double over in laughter, 'he was gorgeous' you thought to yourself.
"I can." You joked as he grabbed your hand and led you over to the pictures.

"Y/n." Jalen called as he made his way over to you.
"Hmm?" You hummed in response as your eyes drooped tiredly.
"Let me take you home." He stated.
You nodded your head standing up and allowing him to put his arm around you as he made his way to his car.
"What did you mean, when you said 'his loss'?" You asked as you buckled in.
"Exactly how it sounds, his loss." He told you as he drove.
"He lost something great, I gained something great, his loss." He stated.
"I'm the something great?" You asked him in awe.
"Damn right." He nodded as he stole a quick glance at the smile on your face.

"And that's, how I met your mother." Jalen finished as he pressed a kiss to your hand.
"I just love that story so much." Y/d/n smiled widely at the two of you.
"Mommy, will I ever find someone who loves me the way that daddy loves you?" Your daughter asked you quietly.
"Of course you will baby, but for now, you stay away from boys." You laughed as you pressed another kiss to her forhead and started to stand up.
"No boys until you're 30." Jalen smiled pressing a kiss to her cheek.
Y/d/n laughed as she hugged her blankets closer to her smiling at the two of you.
"Goodnight." Jalen sang.
"Goodnight daddy." She laughed as she waved you two off.

You and Jalen were now laying in your own bed, you laying on your side and Jalen was sat up as he talked to your stomach.
"I can't wait to meet the little guy." He smiled as he looked up at you.
"Me either." You smiled as you rubbed your stomach.
"He's gonna be a heart breaker." You laughed as you watched Jalen.
"For sure." He nodded as he pressed a kiss to your stomach.
"Just like you." You laughed softly as you laid your head on Jalens chest.
"I'm not a heart breaker." He said defensively.
"I think your fans would say otherwise." You joked.
"They're just mad cause they don't got the most beautiful girl in the world." He said looking down at you.
"Mhm." You smiled at him as your eyes started to close tiredly.
"I love you, y/n." Jalen smiled as he pressed a kiss to your lips.
"I love you too." You whispered as you drifted off to sleep.

__________________________________________
-Authors note-

As requested.

Enjoy my loves🩷