𝐉𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐧 𝐇𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐬

•Speed Dating•

Speed dating, I never thought I'd say those two words...
But here I am, saying them.
Yes, I'm going speed dating, I don't usually do this, or dating at all really, I've been in two relationships in my whole 26 years of life.
One of which was a long term relationship, 7 years to be exact, exactly 7 years, because on our 7th year anniversary last year I found him cheating, and just like that, 7 years of dating went down the drain, I haven't dated since, I haven't even thought about dating, it's been two years since then, and my best friend has finally had enough, she convinced me to go on a speed date.

"Okay, are you ready?"
"Would it matter if I said no?"
"Y/n/n, it's gonna be okay!"
"You're hot! And sweet! And funny!"
"Trust me you're gonna be okay, and If you feel uncomfortable at any time just tell me."
I nodded my head wiping the palms of my hands on the side of my jeans.
"Okay, I think I'm ready." I gave her a weak smile, saying I was nervous is an understatement.
"Okay, there's 5 guys, you'll get 5 minutes with each guy, if you don't like him you can check off his name and he'll be eliminated, whoever you don't check off will stay and go to the final round."
"Sounds easy enough."
"Great! Go find the one Y/n!"

I made my way to the chair that sat at a round table with another chair directly across from it.
Again I wiped my sweaty palms on my jeans and hummed to myself to calm my nerves.

"Hey!" A deep but calm voice echoed.
I stood up and smiled holding my hand out to him.
"Hi."
"I'm Nick, Nick Bosa." He nodded sitting down across from me.
"It's nice to meet you Nick." This was a lot more awkward than I wanted it to be.
"So what do you do?" I asked him, I wasn't sure what to ask really, speed dating should come with a book of questions to ask the other person.
"I'm a Defensive End for the San Francisco 49ers." He smiled.
My eyes widened, I knew his name sounded familiar.
"How about you?" He smiled sweetly.
"I design clothes."
"That's cool." He laughed as he watched me.
"It is." I nodded eagerly, I loved my job.
Nick smiled at me and stared for a moment, I didn't know what else to say so I let a silence surround us.
"You're very pretty." He spoke softly.
"Thank you." I blushed looking down at my legs.
Nick chuckled as he saw the pink on my cheeks.
"There's no way a girl as pretty as you is single."
"There is a way." I shrugged.
A loud timer started ringing causing an ear piercing echo to surround the room.
"Times up." I smiled at Nick.
He nodded and stood up, I followed his actions and shook his hand once more before waving him off.
That was so awkward, it wasn't even his fault, it was mine...
I felt bad, but I crossed his name off the list.

"Hello!" A cheery voice greeted me.
I smiled widely, he seemed sweet.
"Harrison Bader!" Oh I know him.
"Y/n Y/l/n, but you already knew that." God I'm embarrassing.
"It's alright." He chuckled as he took a seat.
"So what do you do Y/n?"
"I design clothes." I told him simply.
"That's it?" He gave me an odd look, he seemed genuinely interested.
"Well no, but it's not really important to go into details." I told him shrugging.
"Well I'm listening." He sat back and crossed his arms.
"Well I design clothes, for designer brands, mostly small designers that not many people know about, I'm working on my own line right now." I smiled.
Harrison nodded his head as he listened closely to everything I said.
"That sounds pretty awesome." He smiled at me.
"It is." I liked that he was interested in my job, it's one of my favorite things.
"How about you?" I smiled, I already knew what he did, and I think he knew that but he still answered.
"I play Major League Baseball." He smiled.
"The Yankees right?"
"You know it." He laughed.
The timer echoed around the room causing me to jump.
"It was nice meeting you Y/n, I do hope we get to speak to each other again." He stated as he stood up, I stood as well and hugged him, I'm not sure where the confidence came from but it just felt right.
As Harrison walked away I smiled, I enjoyed his company, he was sweet, I left his name on the paper, he's definitely going to the last round.