𝐓𝐞𝐞 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐬

•Elf On The Shelf•

Christmas time truly is the most magical time of the year. Especially for my daughter, D/n, her favorite holiday has always been Christmas, she loves to wear Christmas sweaters, and Christmas headbands, she loves to make gingerbread houses and decorate the house, every part of it. She really brightens Christmas for Tee and I.

This year we wanted to make Christmas really special for her, you see, last Christmas she got an elf on the shelf for Christmas. Of course it was no use in using it after Christmas was over, so we hid it away, just waiting for this moment.

Tee and I sat on the couch together, watching a hallmark movie just waiting for the clock to chime 12 A.M, we waited and waited, our excitement bubbling up as the minutes ticked closer to midnight.

The clock chimed, it's midnight!
Tee and I jumped up from the couch, he walked towards the kitchen to get the supplies and I ran up the stairs to make sure D/n was till asleep.

I pulled the walkie talkie up to my mouth, pushing down on the button, "Operation elf on the shelf is a go!"

I grabbed the elf from our room and met Tee at the bottom of the steps. "Ready?" i smiled excitedly. Tee nodded his head, he held up the elf shoe mold and a bag of flour.

Tee created a trail of "snow" with the flour, it went from our kitchen counter clean into our living room, ending up at the tree. "This is gonna be a huge mess," he chuckled while closing the bag of flour up. "It's so worth it," I smiled.

We were able to find a mold of an elf shoe, or something similar to it anyhow, I placed the molds in the flour, creating footprints through the trail of "snow." It took a while to do so, I hadn't realized how much work it'd be til now, but it was worth it.

"How's this?" Tee held up a piece of paper that read:

"Dear D/n,
        It's officially December 1st, which means I'll be here until Christmas! Feel free to name me whatever, but make sure to not touch me, otherwise I could lose my magic. :(
But I believe in you! Cause you believe in me, and the Christmas magic!!

      Love,
             Your Elf :)

"It's perfect!" I placed the piece of paper under the tree where the elf hung upside down. It was a funny sight, one D/n was sure to get a kick out of.

I stood back and admired our work, a small smile sticking to my face. "I think we did pretty good," Tee bragged while wrapping his arm around me. "Yeah, I think we did," I high-fived him.

"Same place tomorrow night?" He asked referring to the bottom of the stair case where we'd met up an hour ago.
"Same place," I nodded. "See you then," he joked. "Shut up, you're coming to bed with me Mr.Higgins," I tugged on his shirt. "Am I Mrs.Higgins?" He picked me up, "mhm," I hummed before placing my lips on his.
"No kissing, that's how you get on Santa's naughty list," he smirked at me. "Then no gifts for me this year," I closed the small space between us and latched my lips to his.

________________________________________________
-Authors Note-

Good Morning loves!!!

I thought this was such a cutie idea! I also love writing Christmas scenarios, it's so fun!
Let me tell you all, do NOT go Christmas shopping in heeled winter boots😭 please learn from my mistakes🙏🏻 a day later and my feet still hurt😭

Much love!!♥️