Chapter 15

Chapter 15

    When Tang Qing spoke, both his demeanor and movements were very natural, which made Horton think that what he heard was a very normal sentence.

    The cutting board was being stomped rhythmically by the knife, a sound that Horton was not familiar with. He never likes to mess with these things, and has eaten nutritious meals for an unknown number of years. In his opinion, eating is just for survival, and whether it is delicious or not is not that important.

    "By the way, I forgot to ask, are you picky, Colonel?" Tang Qing asked.

    "I don't even pick nutritious meals." Holden leaned against the kitchen counter and watched her busily fetching dishes, "Do you need my help?"

    Tang Qing took out a few glass jars of seasoning from the cabinet, Dun shook his face: "Can you tell the difference between what's inside?"

    Holden: "..."

    Tang Qing: "Well, forget it, Colonel, you'd better go and play by yourself." The condiments in the jars were poured into small boxes, and while tidying up the table, he said, "Do you have a favorite taste or favorite food? If not, I will make it according to my own taste." Holden

    wrinkled Eyebrows looked at those messy powders, which seemed to be complicated things: "You can do whatever you want, anyway, it will turn into calories if you eat it." "

    Okay." Tang Qing shrugged, took out his apron to wear, and suddenly remembered What, walked up to Horton who was leaning leisurely by the counter and looked like a spectator.

    "What's the matter?"

    Tang Qing smiled: "What's the matter, I remember today is your treat."

    Horton: "Well...it seems to be."

    Tang Qing: "..."

    Horton: "I'm looking forward to it You cook."

    Tang Qing: "..."

    Holden: "I have an intuition that the food you cook will be delicious."

    After all, good flattery is still useful, Tang Qing stared at him for a few seconds, then turned The head continued to cut vegetables, muttering in his mouth: "I still pay for the vegetables, whoever invites who."

    Although she said so, Tang Qing still cooked a very hearty lunch, because Horton's appetite is relatively large, so she specially cooked two extra dishes.

    Holden was an accompanying guest throughout the whole process, standing aside and quietly watching her work, asking a few words from time to time. After the aroma of different meals came out of the pot, his eyes were filled with disbelief.

    "I didn't expect the lieutenant to really cook."

    "What's so surprising, they are all home-cooked dishes, very simple." Tang Qing put the dishes up and handed them to him to bring to the table, "Are you hungry?" Colonel, go eat first, I'll serve the last dish myself, don't wait for me."

    Looking at the dishes on the table, Horton's dark green eyes lit up a little, he listened to Tang Qing's order quietly Sitting at the table, he didn't eat first, but turned his head from time to time to look at her who was busy finishing.     I don't know how many years it has been. Holden hasn't sat in the dining room like this and waited for another person to cook a meal for him. It's not a fast food, it's not a nutritious meal, but a serious meal.     His parents died early, under the gunfire of new humans. At that time, he was only seven years old, and he didn't know many things. After losing his parents, no one taught him many things.     At that time, the war came too suddenly, and his hometown was in ruins, and there were displaced people everywhere. He grew up in a refugee concentration camp, and for many years he wore uniforms issued by the army with a group of people whose gender could not be determined by their appearance. Served as a soldier in the compulsory barracks, and was later driven out to become a mech pilot.     No one knew he was an omega, everyone thought he was an alpha, an alpha so strong that he could fight ten against one.     It wasn't until he passed eighteen and when he first started to go into heat that his superiors at the time knew his gender. The boss was so frightened that he injected three tubes of inhibitors one after another on the spot, and then threw him into the basement isolation room, barely surviving the estrus period alone. Later, in order to facilitate combat, he was directly asked to remove the glands.

    At that time, he didn't really understand what a gland was and what its function was. He only knew that it would affect his combat, so he obeyed the order and got rid of it.

    When he later encountered strange looks and criticism from countless people, and realized what he had lost, he had no way of turning back.

    It's hard to say whether he regrets it or not. Too many years have passed, and he has forgotten how he felt when he learned that he had lost the qualification to be a father forever. It is meaningless to recall it now.

    The days at that time were indeed difficult, but we also made it through with firm goals.

    No one thought that in the end, it wasn't the loss of his parents, the loss of his glands, or war, but peace that crushed him.

    Peaceful days are really hard. He once thought that he would live alone like this in his life, without any purpose and without any meaning, and then one day, sooner or later, he would die in that dream full of alcohol.

    Unexpectedly, an accident gave him a glimmer of hope in reality, and he waited for a table of hot meals.

    There is also a magic alpha.

    Horton looked at Tang Qing and thought: It would be great if this alpha belonged to him.

    Because Horton's eyes were not covered, Tang Qing could sense the possessive gaze of the other party no matter how slow he was, and suddenly felt a little uncomfortable, pursing his lips and pretending not to see it.

    When the last dish is served on the table, the meal is ready to be served. At first, she wanted to say something, but thinking of the way Horton looked at her just now, she didn't say anything. She didn't say anything, and Horton didn't say anything, just buried himself in his meal.     As a native of Huaguo, Tang Qing always cooks more than less when entertaining guests, and only if there is a little leftover can she be regarded as a hospitable guest, so she deliberately cooked a little more, thinking that she would definitely not be able to finish eating, but she did not expect There was nothing left after eating.     After eating, the dishes and chopsticks were handed over to the cleaning robot to wash. The two sat on the sofa and watched TV for a while and chatted about the news. Not long after, Horton got up and said he was leaving.

    "Let's go now? Are you ready to eat?" Tang Qing said politely according to Huaguo's practice.

    "What do you think? I ate all of it, and the food you cooked is delicious." Holden said with a smile, "I haven't eaten like this for many years, and I made an exception with you today." Tang Qing also laughed

    : "Oh, it's good if you're full."

    Horton: "Well, I'm full."

    Tang Qing: "That's good, that's good."

    Horton: "..."

    Tang Qing: "..."

    The air suddenly became Awkward.

    Horton picked up his coat and put it under his arm: "Then I'm leaving."

    Tang Qing quickly stood up and said, "I'll see you off." When

    the two reached the door, Horton raised his hands and put them on the door-opening button. Qing suddenly stopped him: "Colonel."