What happened last time

April, 2 years ago...

"See you at date night tonight!" Shouted Jake after he dropped me off on the set of Stranger Things 4.

I saw Sadie getting out of her car and taking her mask off. "Hey Sadie. Happy birthday." I said giving her a hug.

"Hey Millie." She said, with a warm smile. "Is everyone on set already?"

"I dont know. I just got here."

We both walked through the double doors at the same time. Almost immidiately, the whole warehouse echoed with shouts of 'suprise' and 'happy birthday Sadie' with Noah holding a cake with her name on it.

She let out a short gasp of suprise and then her eyes softened. You giys really didnt have to do this."

"Yes we did." Said Noah. "Its Sadie appretiation day!"

Everyone giggled at what Noah said and started digging in to the cake.

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

I walked into my dressing room and shut the door behind me. I texted Amelia as shes the head of hair and makeup and the makeup artist is late.

Amelia

Millie

Hey amelia

Im in my dressing room

Do you know whos gonna do my makeup?

Amelia?

Amelia!?

Amelia!!!!

You were supposed to be here like... an hour ago

AMELIA

Suddenly there was a knock on the door. It opened a crack; just enough for Sadie to fit her head through.

"You busy?" She asked

Say yes, Millie. Say YES! "Not at all."

"Great" she said, letting herself in completely and shutting the door behind her. "Cause i just wanna clear the air about what happened on the new years party."

Play dumb. "What are you talking about?"

"You really have no idea?"
Of course i remember that my new years kiss was with you. I just dont want to remember.

"Nope. Actually, that whole night was a blur. Ellie said there was edibles. Maybe i ate something."

"Oh. Okay." She knows that i remember. "Well, see ya later then."

"Yup. See you."

The second she left, i punched myself in the stomach. Why the fuck didnt i just apologise and move on like it never happened? Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Its going to be so awkward.

Then my phone dinged and i checked if Amelia answered.

Sadie

Sadie

I know you remember but im gonna ignore it cause ill get you one way or another.

Hold on, get me?

Sadie

This message was deleted

What the fuck?

I didnt want to ask questions that'll fuck up the friendship we already have. I decided to wait for her to text first.

I waited for what felt like forever until there was ding coming from my phone. I grabbed it and checked my messages

Amelia

I sent Jessica to your dressing room.

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

After filming, everyone left set and i was packing my stuff before going home.

"Bye Millie!" Shouted a voice from the hallway.

"See ya tomorrow, Caleb!" I answered.

Then everything on set was silent. Because everything was so quiet, i obviously didnt expect Sadie to be standing in the doorway when i turned around.

"Hey Millie."

I let out a shocked gasp. Then i realised it was just her. "Hey." Avoid eye contact.

"So are we just gonna pretend that nothing happened at new years?"

Avoid eye contact. Avoid eye contact. Avoid eye contact.

"How about the sleepover?" She asked taking a few steps closer.  Shit. The sleepover.

"Fine." I finally said something. "I remember making out at the sleepover and at new years."

She smirked. "Now that we're on the same page, i can say sorry."

"Sorry for what?"

"Slamming you against the wall and aggressively making out with you."

"What-"

And just as i spoke it happened.

-------------------------

Maybe i shouldnt have, but i did.

And that was a huge mistake. Not because it was bad to hook up with co workers or because we both thought we were straight until that moment. No it wasnt because of that.

It was because i got home at 9pm that day and forgot someone.

Jake.

I forgot about our date after work.

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

That was the beginning of all of it. Everyday on set for the rest of the season. As long as we both kept what we were doing a secret, we didnt mind. Especially if we never spoke about it again...