Willow in the closet (Janitors closet)

~NOAHS POV~

In the cafeteria (lunch, obviously)

"And then Aaron's foot slipped, which triggered the showers and we all got soaked." Lyra said, concluding her story.

"We tried to shut it off, but his fat ass broke the tap and we just had to deal with it." added Max.

"I'm not fat!" said Aaron, who was actually quite fit.

"Whatever." said Max. "We all managed to climb through the window and we landed in the soccer field. That's where Mr Phillip, the P. E. teacher, found us. He apologized for locking us in the locker rooms and said he would excuse us from our next class."

"But I totally blame Liam." said Daryl. "He was the one that got stuck in there."

"It was also partially Lyras fault." Aaron said. "Actually, it was Lyra and Liam."

"What did I do?" Lyra asked.

"You were the one that told us Liam got stuck when we went to go help him. What were you two doing in the boys locker room in the first place?" said Aaron, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively.

"Dude, shut up." Liam said as everyone laughed.

Daryl suddenly started rapidly tapping Max's (or was it Lyra?) shoulder the same way I did earlier to Gaten. He seemed to be looking in a specific direction. I tried to see what he was looking at and found the table he was trying to get Max to see. There at the table, was a student, staring at our table.

"Max, check it out. I think you have a fan..." Daryl said and everyone turned their heads at the table he was staring at. It only took me a few seconds to clock that the kid staring at us wasn't a fan.

It was Willow.

As in Dylan's little cousin Willow.

I noticed they were looking at me, and not the rest of the cast, an irritated look on their face. When Daryl noticed they looked irritated, he took his juicebox straw and turned in his seat to face the table again.

"...or a hater." he said, taking a long sip of orange juice, sinking into his seat. "If you guys have obsessive haters, tell me now so I know if I have to hide my identity or something."

"I had a feeling Willow Forman would be a Stranger Things hater." Lyra said, returning to her lunch as well.

Willow gave me one more stone cold glare before getting up and walking out of the cafeteria. I felt the need to go after them. I felt like there was some explanation I had to give or something.

I stood up and Millie grabbed my wrist. "Not everyone has to like us, Noah."

"No. It's not about that. Just... I need to do this. Like, bad." I said to her before following Willow out.

I went through the door she went through, and found the hallway empty.

If Millie hadn't stopped me-

I heard a sort of muffled sobbing noise echoing in the hallway. I looked around the hallway, turning around and scanning the whole place, trying to find where the sound was coming from.

I eventually came to the conclusion that the sound was coming from the janitors closet at the far end of the hallway.

I began walking to it, with slow steady steps like approaching a wounded lion. As I got closer, the muffles got louder and I could make out heavy sobbing. Once I got to the door, I knocked lightly.

"Um... Willow?" I asked the door.

"What? What do you want this time, Noah?" Willow replied.

"What did I do?" I was genuinely confused on if or why I made them said.

"Do I really have to explain?"

"Yes."

With a sniff and a sigh, they said, "Did you know my whole family is religious as fuck?"

Yes, Dylan told me. "No. No, I'm sorry."

"Yeah, well, Dylan and I are outcasts now. Literally every second at home is like being in a battlefield. My dad hates me, my brother hates me, my sister tries to defend me, which doesn't end well..." they went quiet for a moment. "Anyway, Dylan's family is the same. His dad takes things like this easier than his mom does. If it wasn't obvious, our moms are sisters."

"Ah, checks out." I tried commenting to show I was paying attention.

"Yup. So, Dylan's been battling mostly his mom because of...you."

My heart stopped for a moment and my cheeks felt warm. He was seriously fighting his family for me.

"And when you broke up with Dylan, he was devastated. A few days after, he came over to my place without having the brain to inform anyone about it. When he got home, his mom got to him. I don't know what she did, specifically, but I knew that was his tipping point. He... he called me. He started saying all of these crazy things about running away from home. Obviously, I didn't support his idea. Then he started yelling at me and calling me a traitor. Because of that, I didn't answer the phone when he called the next day. I wish I did, though. Because that was the day-"

"He got in that accident." I said.

A few days ago, when practising for filming with Millie, Dylan called to say he had been involved in a car accident and had no one to call, so he called me and apologized and begged me to come over to the hospital to be with him. I almost said no. I had no idea...

"Fast forward, a few weeks later, he shows up at my doorstep, covered in cuts and bruises. He told me what had happened and apologized for lashing out at me. I'm sorry for being angry at you, but you were the only person I could blame for it." they concluded, sounding defeated.

I absorbed her words for a moment, considering what to say next.

"I'm sorry. You're right. It was my fault."

They went absolutely quiet, almost like they couldn't believe I was apologizing. "I'm sorry for painting you to look like the bad guy in my head."

"Don't apologize. I just jumped to conclusions without trying to understand what Dylan was saying to me."

They sucked in a deep breath of air that could be heard from The other side of the door. I then heard a low giggle. "Now that that's cleared up, you can leave me here. I don't like when people see me cry."

"Don't worry, I get it. It would be weird to see mean, scary Willow being sad and vulnerable. I'll leave you here." I said, backing out of the hallway.

I went back to the cafeteria, feeling a little better about myself, and a little worse.

Do I apologize to Dylan?

--------------

A/N

I said that Conan had green eyes in another chapter, and said he had brown eyes in a different chapter, so I apologize for that !

Conan has brown eyes.